|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- the acquisition of qualified lessees (customers)
- preparing sales and business strategies for generating a pipeline of qualified prospects
- Liaising, and maintaining good relationships with local distributors in soliciting potential lessees
- meeting sales targets
- preparation of long term and annual plans plus budgets
Candidate needs to have at least a BA degree in marketing, marketing management, business management or related, and a minimum of 8 years’ experience as Manager – business development or sales/marketing management, preferably in established companies engaged in trading, distribution or maintenance of heavy equipment or in (lease) financing companies. MBA is an advantage. Candidate needs to have good knowledge of equipment business in Ethiopia.
In addition, candidate needs to have BSc in electrical engineering or related field, and good knowledge in sales/marketing of generators, electrical control panels/boards, UPSs and related temporary (back-up) power equipment, electrical motors, etc.
Preferred personal qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Training on leasing, marketing strategy, sales management, equipment sales, etc. is an advantage
- Strong meticulous personality
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Having good knowledge of solving problems/issues
- Self-starter with a pro-active can-do mentality, a team leader and a team worker, with a disciplined work ethos who is focused, organized and result oriented.
- Fluent in Amharic and English, other Ethiopian languages a pre.