|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
Call for Consultancy (including freelance) for the roles of Trachoma Training Coordiantor
The Fred Hollows Foundation Ethiopia is implementing trachoma elimination programs in Oromia Region, Ethiopia. The Foundation is working hard to eliminate avoidable blindness.
Ensure that the necessary official clearances have been obtained, field teams have everything that they need at the time they need it, and the communities they intend to visit are prepared to welcome them.
Strong planning and preparation required for the field-based component of training.
In order to help us achieve our vision, we are currently looking for the position with relevant educational background & other essential criteria including;
· Degree in Public Health, International Development, or in a related field.
· Solid experience in Trachoma programming
· Previous experience and the required skill set for the roles stipulated in the table
· Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and mixed-language environments.
· Energy, flexibility and resilience, a team playing approach, and a can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
1. Completion of 1st or 2nd degree preferably health related (medical or para medical)
2. Experience of Trachoma graders and recorders training coordination in Oromia
3. Two or more years experience in NTD in the region
4. Have strong skills for the tasks and an ability to impart that skill set to others evidenced by one or more years of experience as coordinator
1. Experience in TD training coordination in Oromia
2. Willing to commit full time during the training week (7-10 days)
3. Can speak Oromifa and is being from the region
Applications should be made only via ethiojobs and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the role purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate skills and experience and the ability to travel throughout the Oromia Region.
The application will be closed in October 14, 2021.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child-safe environment.