|Location||Yirgachefe woreda,Gedeo Zone, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 29, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Sanitation Expert (for Emergency Project) for specific project entitled “Multisector emergency response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Guji and West Guji zones in Oromia, and Gedeo zone in SNNPR, Ethiopia (April 01,2020-March 31,2021)’’.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager Sanitation Expert is responsible for preparing and conducting health and hygiene promotion campaigns and training. S/he prepares written material and clear and adapted messages for the beneficiaries. S/he facilitates health and hygiene promotion training. Sanitation Expert may support other WaSH activities as well.
Sanitation Expert Specific Tasks
· In coordination with Project manager and Field coordinator, undertake/take part in quantitative/qualitative assessments to identify key risky hygiene behaviors.
Program design and Implementation
· Oversee all aspects of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community health, hygiene and sanitation promotion of the project including; development of hygiene and sanitation promotion methodology and guidelines, recruitment and training of community hygiene promoters.
· Implement hygiene promotion activities appropriate to the context in close collaboration with the WaSH Engineering team and other sectors to ensure that technical and social aspects of water and sanitation programming are integrated.
· With support from Project Manager, Field coordinator and WaSH Engineer, help to develop Health and Hygiene Promotion and Community Mobilization project plans and budgets of HP project activities.
· Plan practical ways and approaches to conduct health and hygiene promotion and monitoring activities in Community, School, distribution sites, etc.
· Identify and assess the key health, hygiene and sanitation practices to be addressed and whom to engage and develop appropriate communications strategy to promote safe practices. Ensure that an empowering approach to working with communities is employed and all activities are carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and promotes the full and equal participation of women, men, children and youth.
· Lead context relevant and culturally appropriate Information, Education and Communication material development, ensure related capacity building of national staff and its appropriate use on the ground;
· Coordinate with the distribution team to plan, organize, supervise and evaluate the distribution of WaSH NFI kits for social institutions (health facilities, schools, etc.)
· Coordinate and facilitate health, hygiene and sanitation promotion training, and follow up on the impact in practice.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
· In coordination with WASH team and M&E team, lead assessment of key public health risks in view of the integrated community project activities;
· In collaboration with Project manager, WaSH Engineering team and M&E, develop and ensure proper implementation of context-relevant data collection tools (qualitative and quantitative);
· Implement PDM survey (Post Distribution Monitoring) for institutional WaSH NFIs distributed;
· Plan and analyse the conduct KAP survey with collaboration with Project manager, WaSH Engineering team and M&E;
· Ensure facilitation and technical support of community groups and volunteers to report on protection issues;
Coordination and Representation
· Liaise directly with communities, local institutions and local authorities on health and hygiene issues as well as other agencies operational in targeted area regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
· Represent PIN at the relevant woreda and zonal humanitarian coordination cluster meetings.
· If required, participate in joint assessments with other partners working in the operational area.
Security and Safety
· Respect the security rules specified in the mission security SOPs, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
· Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan.
· Write weekly report to line manager, and verbal reports whenever necessary.
· Provide regular reports on hygiene related and community related issues and program progress against work plans and project activities.
· Perform any other activities as requested by the line manager.
· Bachelor Degree in Public Health or other related social fields of studies
· minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the sector, especially in health and hygiene promotion on community mobilization and participation
· Coordination and facilitation skills
· Experience in NGO is advantageous
· Good communication skills, used to speak in front of an audience and able to work dynamically with children and adults
· Experience with local communities, children and vulnerable people
· Initiative, Availability and Capacity to learn
· Ability to work under pressure and in a multi-cultural environment
· Ability to work in a team, interpersonal skill and diplomacy
· Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
· knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English
· 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: https://airtable.com/shrZ6hnPOlUpRPrr1 until May 10,2020
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies )
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.