|Location||Hawassa, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Communication |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
· Responsible to roll out and oversee GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION SBCC activities in the region, including support for the development /adaptation of SBCC materials in coordination with GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION SBCC team and partners
- Manage the local NGOs implementing the SBCC activities of the project.
· Ensure that GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION SBCC strategy and activities are well understood by the relevant regional/zonal /woreda sector bureaus
· Participate in regional SBCC working group to harmonize existing materials or develop new materials
· Leads planning and organization of SBCC workshops, trainings, and site visits. Maintains regular communications with GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION’s SBCC team in Addis to provide feedback and suggestions from the region.
· Provides technical support to program staff and partners agencies on community and social mobilization to increase support and local community involvement; provide technical support regarding GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION SBCC interventions to Local NGOs and regional Nutrition and Livelihood Coordinators, health workers, health extension workers and DAs. Serves as a technical resource in SBCC for staff and partners to strengthen approaches, materials and activities.
· Work closely with other thematic managers and senior program managers to ensure coordination among partners, SCI nutrition and resilience projects and Growth through Nutrition technical specialists to ensure quality of project implementation and timely completion of the activities.
· Ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, education, health, humanitarian assistance) in the same geographic areas
· Coordinate and collaborate with other projects/programs of Save the Children, working on nutrition and livestock / agriculture-nutrition issues in areas of BCC and advocacy to ensure synergy, sharing of technical resources, learning and mutual support.
· Conducts supportive supervisions and provide responsive support to assure quality and timeliness of activities at regional, district and ward levels. Provides mentoring to community facilitators leading community conversations.
· Work closely with M&E team to ensure regular and timely monitoring and reporting of SBCC data and responsive feedback to improve program performance.
- Develop regional SBCC component budgets and integrate SBCC costs into the GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION budgets
- Participate in assessment of existing local community mobilization, community conversation and other SBCC efforts in GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION target areas
- Work with SBCC team to organize communication activities such as workshops, focus group seminars, and other training activities among project partners including local NGOs, local community groups to improve quality of SBCC service delivery;
· Participate in regular review meetings, joint supervisions and other GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION led activities relevant to nutrition areas.
· Actively contribute to GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION’s documentation, dissemination and sharing of lessons learned, research findings, best practices and success stories in SBCC
- Provides assistance with generating reports and feedback forms related to SBCC from the field.
- Ensure appropriate staff management within area of responsibility
- Prepare weekly/biweekly updates, monthly and quarterly ,bi annual and annual report and submit on timely manner to the senor program manger
- In collaboration with M&E coordinator, ensure that appropriate documentation of beneficiary profiles, inputs, trainings and nutrition and health related case stories
- Prepares periodic reports related to his/her assignment
- Act as a focal person for layering and convergence
Performs other related tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A BA or BSc Degree in Communications, Health Promotion, Community Development, Social Sciences,
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in SBCC programs, ideally in nutrition, health or related technical areas.
· Experience with SBCC materials development and and/or adaptation strongly preferred
· Experience working effectively with local NGO/CSOs/FBOs
· Experience working in respective region with pastoralist and agro-pastoralist populations
· Proven ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate community leaders, health extension workers, AEWs.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· Willingness to work with district government officials, local NGO/CSOs and frequently travel to rural communities
· An understanding and commitment to Save the Children values
· Strong results orientation
· Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
· Excellent spoken and written English and local languages
· Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word) and internet skills
· Expected to make decisions on well-established procedures, under close supervision
· Able to solve problems by selecting the most suitable procedure or method within guidelines and precedents; direction sought when solutions not within established guidelines or precedents.
Additional job responsibilities
§ The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en