|Location||Melkabelo, Goro Muti and Habro Weredas, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the position
The SC/OTP officer is expected to improve quality case management of children with SAM at stabilization centers (TFU) and OTP sites through conducting frequent supportive supervision and monitoring/coaching health professionals, ensuring availability of routine drugs and basic materials and supplies at health facility level and, timely requesting of supplies required supplies. The position holder will monitor performance of CMAM programs and improves referral linkage between OTP, SC, TSFP and IYCF. SC/OTP officer is expected strengthen the community mobilization, early case finding, and referral linkages; and ensure the availability of essential drugs, therapeutic milk, and materials at health facilities and recording and documentation of CMAM activities. Provide on job training to for HW/HEW and provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to establishing and strengthening Stabilizing Centre. S/He will mobilize Community Health Workers and volunteers to strengthening the community mobilization and outreach component of the program.
The incumbent works closely with the government structure and other zonal/filed office and woreda based nutrition team members of Emergency nutrition, and health response and related programs to ensure program integration at all level. S/he is responsible to organize woreda and community level nutrition and health related training, review meetings/workshops, community forum and joint supportive supervisions and participate in health and nutrition assessments, review meetings and responses to outbreaks.
S/he will provide emergency nutrition and health related technical support at woreda and community level to build local capacity. Also, s/he will be responsible for reporting of any public health emergencies and other humanitarian situation/risks which may endanger communities’ wellbeing, beside participating in surveillance, response to outbreaks and other public health concerns whenever happened. Under the overall coordination and close technical and managerial supervision of the project coordinator, the job holder will ensure high quality CMAM implementation within the project, provide proper and quality care to all beneficiaries, respecting national protocols, sphere standards and principles of good practice.
- Ensuring nutritional screening quality, coverage, and linkage through Rapid situational assessment for under five year’s children and pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW);
- Facilitate monthly Review meeting with the SC, OTP sites health workers and woreda health office staffs at cluster and woreda levels;
- Conduct supportive supervision and provide technical support on stabilization Center and Outpatient Therapeutic Program sites every week;
- Ensure linkage of OTP discharges, MAM children, and acutely Malnourished PLW to distribution of protection and TSF ration (If applicable);
- Identify gaps of Essential drugs & materials for SC & OTP, food for care takers every month;
- Print, laminate and Provide the necessary OTP/SC guide lines and protocols for running OTP/SC, photocopy for other related activities;
- Conduct capacity assessment of SC, OTP sites, and staffs to identify the minimum support package/transition;
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the Management of SAM;
- Prepare and submit regular monthly or weekly (in emergency situation) report with regard to nutrition project;
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form);
- Ensure the integration of IYCF to CMAM programming through strengthening of psychosocial & emotional sites & IYCF promotion & counseling;
. Qualifications Required:
BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study
3. Work Experience:
Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program, specific to OTP/SC;
. Additional Requirements:
- Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values.
- Local language and Computer Literacy required
- Number of Openings :3
. Place of Work: Melkabelo, Goro Muti and Habro Weredas
. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits package.
Duration of the contract : Six months
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to Yonas_tamire@wvi.org or Alemayehu_Regassa@wvi.org
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!!