|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The position of School Counsellor plays a pivotal role in the academic life of Bingham Academy. The successful candidate will have the ability to give children and young adults the guidance and support needed, especially when it comes to dealing with personal, familial and social pressures. As school counsellor you’ll first and foremost listen to students’ concerns and then act as advocate for students’ well-being.
We are looking for someone who is qualified and experienced to help students with issues such as bullying, family issues, low self-esteem, poor mental health, and relationship troubles. You can refer them to a psychologist or mental health counselor for further treatment if necessary.
Key Skills And Education Desired Include
- Understanding and experience in helping teens solve current social and life challenges
- Ability to relate to teenagers
- Compassion and patience
- Child safety awareness and knowledge of when to refer on to specialists for further treatment
- Facilitate education and programs for staff and students in areas such as self-care, mental health, peer counseling programs, drug and alcohol prevention, etc.
- Higher education such as a Master’s degree in counseling would be preferable
This is an outstanding opportunity to help Bingham Academy achieve its vision for
quality Christian education.
All of our expatriate staff serve as missionary volunteers. Bingham Academy provides airfare assistance, free housing, utilities, and generous professional development support.