|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Shemu Group is a conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this, our sister Company, Shemu Management Consultants PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
The job holder will provide hands on day to day supervision and guidance to Shemu Group’s security guard force, ensuring the effective delivery of manned guarding services to the highest standards at all times. The job holder will also provide resilience to the Group’s Security Management Team, providing out of normal hours assistance during times of increased threat or incident management, coordinating security resources and managing emergency response in order to ensure the safety and protection of critical Shemu Group’s assets.
Security detail responsibilities;
- To provide hands on, day to day leadership, supervision and direction to security guard force and to liaise with the contractor’s management team.
- To lead the delivery of a range of manned guarding services and to provide essential resilience to the Security Management Team during times of increased threat.
- To manage Shemu Group’s guard room, ensuring security policy is adhered to and the operational effectiveness of all procedural, physical and technical security measures is maintained at all times.
- To ensure all official security records and paperwork is administered effectively.
- To provide an out of hours response to security incidents, assisting in the coordination of security resources and management of any emergency response.
- To monitor and report higher management security breaches and security related incidents, and assisting with post breach/incident management.
- To assist higher management in the planning and execution of security strategy for large events and visits.
- To administer all necessary paperwork to allow timely and accurate financial forecasting including guard leave, time sheets, overtime and requests for additional guards and other resources.
- To develop and deliver training to the contracted security guard force to improve personal standards and ensure a robust, effective and coordinated response to incidents.
- To assist the HRM with recruitment and induction of new security guards.
- To identify and report faults within security systems to the higher management in a timely manner, monitoring remedial action accordingly.
- To maintain an accurate inventory of security equipment, ensuring all equipment is in satisfactory working order.
- Assisting the higher managers with regular testing of physical and technical security measures.
Safety detail responsibilities;
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the safety and security programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of safety and security programs.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Submits recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Security and safety coordinator requirement;
- Bachelor degree in Law or Business Management required.
- At least 7 years’ experience supervising or managing a large security guard force or 5 years’ experience of providing manned guarding services within a sensitive operating environment
- Experience in military and policeman ship service
- Advanced training or certification in safety and security preferred.
- Capability to create conducive relationship with regional and federal security forces
- Must have a good knowledge of IT systems and able to use MS Office
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of security protocols and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work out of hours when required
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within seven (07) consecutive working days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kaliti Total, in front of Kaliti Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor Or through email stating “Application for the post in which you are applying for” in the subject line through email email@example.com in a single pdf file attachment. Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
Shemu Management Consultants PLC