|Location||various location, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Security |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) personnel.
- Analyze open source and confidential information to continually assess threat levels.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep all staff informed of events, as directed by the Safety Control Manager
- Provide inputs to the disaster response plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
- Work closely with country leadership in advising on travel restrictions and program hibernation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervise
- Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principles of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith. He/she must also be able to perform each key responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Security management qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Demonstrable experience of the humanitarian environment. Particularly the emergency and recovery phases, related security concerns and building responses to them.
- Demonstrable high-level working knowledge of context analysis and the current environment in Ethiopia.
- Committed to following the SP code of conduct, values, and ethical standards
- Situational awareness, attention to detail, anticipation of events, and follow-up
- Previous experience in a security position, preferably with a NGO.
- Strong working knowledge of threat assessment, risk
Education / Experience NeededPrevious experience in a security position strongly desired. Proven management and leadership experience a bonus.
Language Amharic and English fluency (spoken and written required). Other local languages desirable.
Interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to email@example.com no later than June 30, 2021. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Security Coordinator ''.