|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Security |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Security Manager to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Security Manager will manage daily security functions and assess impacts for program activities, reporting to the Operations Manager. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Manage daily security for staff and facilities at both Addis Ababa HQ and 1-2 field offices throughout Ethiopia
- Provide updates on daily issues which may impact activities in Addis Ababa and nationally.
- Liaise with other security officers and companies to enhance security awareness.
- Travels to the regions for routine security updates and assessments.
- Provide security, safety and risk mitigation and ensure that project staff complies with project security procedures.
- Monitor and analyze the ongoing threat environment faced by the project and brief the leadership accordingly (ex. daily briefings with Operations Manager.)
- Distribute threat warnings to all staff as appropriate. Ensure that appropriate risk migration measures are taken by the project to respond to the threats or changes faced by the project. This includes physical protection measures, safe working routines, movement restrictions, protection equipment, and security staff, as required.
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts.
- Oversee any security provider contracted by the project to ensure contractual compliance and performance of their duties, and act as the point of contact with the security provider.
- Report security incidents, violations, and recommended corrective actions, as appropriate, to the Operations Manager, Chief of Party (COP), and related team members.
- Ensure all new employee/contractor personnel receive appropriate security orientations and briefings.
- Verify that all security systems such as locks, alarms, access systems, and other protection measures are operational or reported to the Office Manager for repair.
- Ensure visitor access and vehicle control systems are effective and appropriate for the threat environment.
- Work with the HO Security Advisor to maintain the project Security Plan in coordination with the Operations Manager and ensure that the contact information is always current.
- Provide a daily briefing and submit a weekly report to the Operations Manager and/or her designee.
- Be able to assist with after-hours emergency response for the project as required.
- In conjunction with program staff, oversee security threat administration and logistical support to program activities, including program event and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience implementing security policies and procedures.
- Experience overseeing security for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and ensure safety and security while under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.