|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Internship |
Internal/External Job Announcements
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
July 7, 2021
The Security Manager is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of CRS Country Program staff, facilities, and assets. The Security Manager coordinates with the Country Program’s HOOP or CR to provide technical leadership and oversight on all matters related to security and safety of CRS personnel and assets. The Security Manager is responsible with developing, updating, maintaining, disseminating, and ensuring staff compliance with the Country Program Security Plan (FSP) as well as security and safety policies, procedures and advisories for all CRS Country Program staff.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Develop, update and maintain standard operational procedures (SOPs) and Contingency Plans for security operations within the Country Program. Conduct on a regularly basis, Security Risks assessments and update policies related to Country Program security level. Ensure security is part of all new staff orientation and all visitors traveling receive security briefings.
· Participate in recruitment, management and evaluation of security service providers and personnel.
· Advise on security and safety policies and procedures in line with the Country Program’s National Government and CRS’ guidelines, policies, and procedures. Establish and update as necessary a system that monitors security reports for immediate CP action as appropriate.
· Provide coordination, management, and direction in all areas of security capacity building including preparedness, training, orientation, learning, technical assistance, and advises on specific security situations.
· Gather and analyze security information and forward to the Country Program leadership with recommendations as appropriate.
· Ensure all trips and movement are conducted in line with CRS Safety and Security Standards. Including creating and maintain an effective system for tracking all CRS travel and movement.
· Establish and maintain effective liaison with local police, security forces, embassies and other relevant organizations.
· Ensure compliance with Fire Safety standards and preparedness, including availability, placement and adequacy of relevant equipment and signage, as well as appointment and training of Fire Marshals, conducting fire-drills, etc.
Typical Background, Education & Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of five years of experience in security management or related field. Preferably with experience in developing and implementing security management systems at an INGO.
· Strong management and analytical skills.
· Strong customer service and effective communication skills (good listener, positive, supportive, clear, constructive, and accessible) both written and verbal
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
· Ability to prepare training materials and to present training materials.
· Ability to learn fast and adapt quickly to change.
· Certification in Security Management
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/211253607665556
and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline July 7, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply**