|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About us:- Orbit Health Solutions plc is a firm registered in Ethiopia and located in Addis Ababa. The company is engaged in trading of diversified product lines of Medical and pharmaceutical products.
- Design, perform and control accounting system in the company, develop training documentation and program in order to improve staff efficiency and streamline process.
- Accomplishes accounting human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations; presenting tax strategies to management; filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margin by recommending product and service pricing policies.
- Minimizes inventory investment by analyzing turns; recommending inventory levels and reorder points.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line;
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Monthly Ageing Payable Report
- Monthly Ageing Receivable Report
- Monthly Cash Flow Statement
- Quarterly Forecasted Cash Flow
- 2-3 years’ direct experience.
- B.A Degree from recognized University by Accounting or Accounting and Finance.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex and varied workload
- Self- Sufficiency and problem solving skills
- Ability to respond positively to unexpected changes
- Ability to deal with people in a clear and diplomatic manner
- Ability to speak to a wide range of audiences on complex issues
- Networking Skills
- Ability to produce work product that is free of errors
Interested applicant can send their CV and copy of diploma certificate to e-mail below;
Phone number: +251 116 507 335
Address: TK building, 6th floor, office no. 601,602,603 at Commercial Bank of Ethiopia entrance side.