|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
JOB SUMMARY AND DESCRIPTION
The purpose of the Senior Accountant position is to manage the day-to-day financial activities for preparation of accurate financial reports, compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Company’s Financial Policy and Procedure
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares daily cash position report by summarizing and categorizing cash collections and/ deposits and cash payments /disbursements.
- Strictly follow up with intra-bank cash transfers, check deposits are executing in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that value for money is properly applied.
- Reconcile the company daily cash report balance with the bank balance and report any variance with objective evidence that can convince the intended user.
- Carry out the loan management to avoid unnecessary interest costs and non- compliance with contract.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of cash collection against cash sales, other cash receipts, cash deposits and of report from the cash register and update price list.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliation.
- Based on daily cash balance, propose and advise the daily cash payment and cash transfer to avoid idle cash, unnecessary financial cost or interest.
- Identify and propose solutions by identifying the gap between the cash demand and cash available in consultation with the concerned departments.
- Forecast the cash demand in advance by analyzing and dealing with the amount needed and the maturity date of obligations, commitments (like loan repayment, taxes and any substantial L/C settlements).
- Properly manage and retain contractual documents like loan related documents and other cash related commitments, new bank opening and existing bank closing documents.
- Retain a check list that enables to lodge and follow up the daily floating cheques (Normal cheques, CPOs).
- Collect all bank advices, bank deposit slips from the cashier, or any other vouchers and /or cash sales invoice.
- Prepare sales and cash receipt journals, Cash payment Journals and General Journal (JV) on weekly basis.
BA Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in accounting and financial Management activities in business companies, preferably engaged in import business, advanced skills on computerized accounting system, better exposure and application on IFRS.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa Head Office
Interested candidates who are eligible for the positions are kindly requested to submit their application with non-returnable copy of CV and relevant documents in person to our office located at Bisrate Gebrel in front of Home Depot SAN Building 5th floor or send through email : [email protected] until October 12th , 2020.