|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the general supervision of Section Head, plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate accountants; assists superior in the supervision and follow-up of all disbursements and receipts of funds of the Enterprise; ensures the proper maintenance and safe custody of accounting records; reconciles timely bank statements; prepares interim and annual financial statements.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of subordinate accounting staff or accountants. Provides professional advice to subordinates, answers inquiries regarding accounting policies, systems and procedures.
- Participates and ensures the systematic recording of financial transactions and maintenance of accounting records in safe custody; ensures that collections are deposited in banks on time. Ensures that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in conformance with accepted accounting principles, standards and pertinent governing rules and regulations.
- Assists supervisor in follow-up and supervision of disbursements and receipts of the funds of the Enterprise; assists in preparation of financial statements and other required financial reports.
- Checks and ensures timely reconciliation of bank statements, prepares interim (monthly or quarterly) and annual financial statements.
- Ensures that the maintenance of capital assets and calculations of depreciations are performed as per the rates established in the accounting manual. Follows up and monitors the timely recovery and settlement of debts and creditors account.
- Supervises and directs subordinates engaged in the analysis of financial transactions, document preparations, maintenance of proper records in collection, compilation, posting and recording activities.
- Coordinates and liaises with all accounting sections for keeping the chart of accounts up dated as well as revision of accounting systems and procedures. Coordinates and processes proposals for write-off.
- Controls the utilization of approved budgets; makes budget and cost analysis; examines reports on excess utilization of allocated budget, makes adjustments and recommends actions to be taken.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance
- 4-5 years of experience as an Accountant
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae only through email address firstname.lastname@example.org and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title and the attached files or documents shall be only in a zipped folder format.
Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection