|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 16, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Immediate Supervisor: Accounting and Finance Manager
Department: Accounting and Finance
Term of employment: Permanent
Required number: One
The Senior Accountant is responsible for planning, directing, organizing, coordinating and controlling the operations of the finance and store. He/she properly and genuinely manages the financial resources by following modern systems of financial management. He/she also supervises and ensures the proper functioning of the internal control systems, the timely preparation of the financial statements and undertaking segment audit when required.
Detail Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and controls the finance and procurement operations and activities.
- Participates in the planning and budgeting of resource allocation of projects/programs and consistently sees that implementation of the projects/operation are in accordance with of the financial outlay plans.
- Ensures the proper implementation of all finance and purchase policies, guidelines and procedures as per the rules and regulation referred at finance and procurement manuals.
- Holds periodic meetings with the staff members to evaluate the work performance of finance staff and undertaking capacity building programs.
- Assesses/Examines the operational systems of the department, proposes and develops improved systems and sees that the performance of finance and procurement activities are properly and smoothly coordinated.
- Ensures that all the necessary finance and purchase information and reports are prepared and sent to the concerned office in time.
- Ensure budget is efficiently utilized and budgetary reports are monthly reported.
- Ensures the custody of all finance and purchase documents and reports.
- prepare the financial statements and presents to internal auditors
- Ensures conducive working conditions and improves the work environment of the department for efficient manpower utilization.
- Ensures that the offices of the department are fairly equipped with required facilities and furnitures.
- Prepare payroll and regularly follow timely payment of pension and taxes.
- Manage the center’s cash flow and ensure there are enough funds available to meet the day to day payments;
- Perform other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- BA Degree or Diploma in Accounting from recognized university or College
- Minimum 6 year or above relevant work experience especially in privet owned companies out of which at least 4 years are as senior accountant.
- For Diploma 10 years of experience out of which 8 years as senior Accountant
Technical and other skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
- Competency in computer applications(accounting software’s preferably Peachtree Accounting )
- Ability to analyze and solve the problems
- Proven experience in team work, leadership, and Integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- IFRS training certificate (Advantageous)
- Financial report preparation and presentation skills
- Experience in Medical Business is advantageous