|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 22, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
- Timely coding and posting of accounting transactions, preparation of bank reconciliations and advising Client’s management for proper actions on related issues identified, if any.
- Preparation of Clients’ payroll timeline, review of payroll data, processing of payroll, pay slips and salary payment through bank instructions.
- Preparation of Clients’ monthly declarations (VAT, WHT, PF, IT, etc.) and processing of their filing and settlement with the tax authorities.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports / financial statements and also annual statutory financial statements as required by Clients.
- Archive Clients’ accounting, payroll, tax and other documents completely and on a systematic way.
- Advise Clients for taking on time count of inventory and fixed assets at the year end and based on the output of the count, process reconciliations with the accounting records and produce valuation reports as appropriate.
- Facilitate and assist audit of the Client’s accounts.
- Work closely with the Tax Service line to address any tax related advisory questions from Clients.
- Carry out other assignment as directed by the BPS Partner and/or Senior Managers.
- Regularly check email correspondences from Clients and reply on time.
- Share service fee notes with Clients on time and follow up for their settlement.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Clients on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist and/work with Managers and the BPS Partner in carrying out various BPS assignments.
- Supervise junior team members and review their work as a team leader on assignments.
- Take Additional tasks as instructed by Manager – Business Process Solution
- BA Degree in Accounting or other relevant fields
- 5 years or above working in Accounting-Outsourcing/Accounting consultancy firm or;
- 6 years or above working in PLC and at least one year on a senior position
Knowledge, Skills, Competence:
- Able to work multiple tasks efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit/working in a team
- Interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs
- Keep secrets on employee personal files
- Disciplined, organized
- Open-minded, self-learner
1. Fill the online application form by following the below link by inserting this vacancy code: 006/1/2021
Only shortlisted applicants who filled online application form will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.