|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Details of the vacant position
Work Unit/ Project/ Program: Finance Department
Terms of employment: Permanent
Grade :- X
Key performance area
- Ensures that codification and registration of receivable and disbursement transactions are conducted in accordance with accounting system of the Society;
- Verifies and follows up on the timely collection of revenues and settlement of disbursements, Verifies journal entries and checks payment requests against support documents for the preparation of checks or other mode of payment; and ensures that payments are effected to the concerned payee;
- Follows up budget requisition, consolidation, endorsement and implementation matters of the society are in accordance with pre-established regulatory framework; Verifies payment orders and purchasing transactions are duly approved as per delegated authority;
- Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and expenses incurred to project future operation results;
- Observes and executes financial policies of the Society and government regulations in connection with tax and related issues;
- Prepares and submits list of receivables/debtors for action and exerts an effort for collection;
- Checks the work of other accountants engaged in classification of various accounting documents transmitted from different work units;
- Ascertains that paid stumps are affixed on payment vouchers and supporting documents;
- Follows up that advances for per dium, administrative expenses, branches, credit etc. are settled in due course and reports on outstanding advances for action;
- Assists branches to carry out financial tasks as per the financial policy and procedure of the Society;
- Follows up on the timely collection of bank statements and debit/credit advices from concerned banks; Verifies correctness and completeness of supporting documents and signs same for payments;
- Second/First degree in Accounting/ Accounting & Finance and 6/8 years related work experience, out of which 2 years in a senior position(s)
- Skill in accounting software application ,Word , Excel, SAP, Peachtree etc
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in the vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this announcement on Feb 28th, 2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform you that we do not accept CV at this stage.