WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Duties and responsibilities
- Vouch and code all transaction documents and post to the company accounting system,
- Prepare and post periodic journals (amortization, depreciation, prepayments, etc),
- Following up recurring general and administrative payments and effect payment timely,
- Maintaining proper follow up schedules for prepayments (Insurance, leased assets, etc)
- Sending reminder to due over staff balances on quarterly bases.
- Prepare monthly tax returns (V.A.T, withholding tax and income tax (employee tax), pension), file and met tax related deadlines,
- Monthly preparation of tax GL accounts reconciliation vs tax declaration forms,
- Following up tax refunds with tax authority and preparation of monthly status report
- Assist with financial and tax audits, including strong interfacing with the auditors,
- Prepare administrative follow up reports, for instance, fuel & telephone consumption analysis,
- Handling various administrative tasks
- Assist the Finance Controller with any other projects as required.
- Work in harmony with all customers/vendors/employees.
- Degree in Accounting and Finance, Economics and related field
- Experience total of 5 plus years and as a senior accountant 2 plus years
- Experience in handling of VAT, WHT, Employees’ Taxation and PLC income taxation
- Experience in handling of VAT/Tax audit
- Experience in handling of external financial audit
- Good understanding of accounting principles and practices including IFRS
- Good understating of account reconciliation including taxation GLs, Vendor GLs and Custoerms GL.
- Understanding of capital and revenue expenditure and their treatment in books of account.
- Understanding the concept of JV and its booking in time bound manner.
- Relevant IT proficiencies like MS office, ERP preferably SAP B1.
- Ability to prepare adho
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Team player
- Ability to work in stressful situation
- Quick learner
- Good written and oral communication skill
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV through :