|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Lootah Industries Plc –Ethiopia is part of Lootah Group Company. Lootah Group Company has activities in the manufacturing, Farm business, Food processing, construction materials, and others
Lootah Industries Plc- Ethiopia is now recruiting qualified and result-oriented on the below position.
Senior Accountant – Addis Ababa
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant requires at least bachelor's degree in area of finance and 5 years of experience in the field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of Finance Internal Controlling system. Rely on experience and independently plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Primary responsibilities include Prepare month-end financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, and assisting with audit preparations.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by analyzing payroll processing; confirming tax and pension calculations and verifying net payment.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Maintain, update and Report Fixed Asset Register Data Quarterly.
- Act as point of contact in accounting for local tax function Prepare monthly (VAT, Withholding Tax) and yearly tax return (Corporate Tax) and submit on time as per FDRE statutory tax period.
- Performing other accounting duties as assigned
Your place of work:
You will be based at the Lootah Industries Plc, Addis Ababa. Occasionally you will be required to travel to the Lootah Industries Plc branch office.
- Holding at least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Having work experience in a foreign company is considered a plus.
- Be well familiar with Accounting software such us Peachtree and Oracle
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is Mandatory.
- Excellent written and spoken skill of English and Amharic language.
- Possessing excellent coordination and communication skills.
- Strong interest to learn, adapt and cope with any assignment.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your personal application letter, detailed CV with three professional references including daytime contact telephone number, copies of certificates and testimonials not later than 7st of August 2021 to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org