|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Nunhems Ethiopia, established in 2015, is the Ethiopian entity of BASF Vegetable Seeds and part of the German Group BASF. BASF has activities in the Chemicals, Agricultural Solutions, Performace Products, Functional Materials and Oil and Gas Sectors and has a global annual turn over of morethan 70 Billon USD Turnover. At BASF Vegetable Seeds we are dedicated to producing market-oriented vegetable varieties and seed products under the brand Nunhems and are committed to our customers.
Nunhems Ethiopia is now recruiting a qualified and result oriented Senior Accountant.
Do you want to be part of our team and work for a well known multinational organization in an international setup?
Senior Accountant – Addis Ababa (Lebu Office)
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Accountant requires at least bachelor's degree in area of finance and 5 years of experience in the field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of Finance Internal Controlling system. Rely on experience and independently plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Primary responsibilities include Prepare month-end financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, and assisting with audit preparations.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by analyzing payroll processing; confirming tax and pension calculations and verifying net payment.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Maintain, update and Report Fixed Asset Register Data Quarterly.
- Act as point of contact in accounting for local tax function Prepare monthly (VAT, Withholding Tax) and yearly tax return (Corporate Tax) and submit on time as per FDRE statutory tax period.
- performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Your place of work:
- You will be based at the BASF Vegetable Seeds office at Lebu, Addis Ababa. Occasionally you will be required to travel to the BASF Vegetable Seeds production farm at Arerti.
- Holding at least a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Having work experience in a foreign company is considered a plus.
- Be well familiar with Accounting software such us Peachtree or SAGE 50 Accounts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is Mandatory.
- Excellent written and spoken skill of English and Amharic language.
- Possessing excellent coordination and communication skills.
- Strong interest to learn, adapt and cope with any assignment.