|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Meseret K/Mariam G/Yesus (Midea Electronics) is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling ledger account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants.
Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Processes and posts journal entries for daily transactions in Peachtree and ensures accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Ensures the reliability of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions in to Peachtree software.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains the fixed assets register along with up-to-date Accumulated Depreciation.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with ERCA requirements by accurately preparing and declaring all tax returns (withholding tax, value added tax, employee’s income tax withheld, and pension contribution) on monthly basis.
- Reconciles company daily sales record against total of daily Z Report from all POS machines of the company.
- Reconciles company cash balance against bank accounts on a monthly basis and report to the Finance Manager.
- Prepares weekly, monthly financial reports (sales, receivable, and payables) to Finance Manager.
- Performs financial analysis as appropriate to support risk assessment and inform decision making.
- Assists annual financial year end audits and provides necessary support for external auditors.
- Secures financial information by taking daily Peachtree backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Focus on tax compliance, business license renewal and contract review
- Performs other related duties assigned by Finance Manager as requested.
- BA degree in Accounting and Finance from any recognized college/university
- Proven related experience of 2 years and above in Import/Export company
- Proficient in Ms. Word, Ms. Excel and Peachtree software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Number of Opening: 2 (Two)
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA ARE ELIGBLE FOR THE POSITION!
- Application letter which includes:
- FULL NAME
- POSITION for which you applied (Stock Manager)
- Provide information of related experience
- Telephone number
- Name of COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY you graduated from
- YEAR of graduation
- State the position that you are applying for
- Write your full name.
- Attach all necessary educational testimonies with your application
- Mention year of graduation and CGPA.