|Location||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The senior accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by verifying, consolidating, recording transactions, posting the daily receipts, preparing deposits, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
The senior accountant shall assist in conducting financial activities of the project which is funded by the Development of Fund.
Key Roles and Responsibility:
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules and consolidating financial data
- Prepares vouchers and payroll sheet;
- Controls payroll and employee pay structure adjustments or revisions
- Maintains all expense accounts and keeps account of all invoice/expense reports
- Review all transaction and generate invoices and all other supporting documents as necessary
- Oversees the receipts and disbursements processes from beginning to end.
- Records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Reconcile general ledgers, and assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the audit providing proper information to and liaising with the external auditors
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Support year end close process
- Identifies long outstanding receivable balances and insufficient payments and informs plan for management engagement and collection
- Develop and maintain cash flow analysis with monthly reporting
- Monitor financial condition by preparing regular financial reports for management
- Other duties as assigned.
Employment period: June 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 (May be renewable)
Minimum competencies required qualifications:
- Must have BA in accounting
- MA, ACCA/CA is a plus
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience, of which at least 1 year working on the position of senior accountant.
- NGOs experience is a plus.
- English proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- All laws, regulation and directives applicable to NGOs
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Analytical skill
- Communication and report writing
- Excellent in application of Peachtree accounting software
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- A mature, sensible, and open-minded person with mutual respect
- Be able to network effectively inside and outside of the organization
- Be creative and work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Gender sensitivity.
- Share organizational values of Development Fund.
Interested applicants are invited to send ONLY summery of professional experience and educational background (in the given template from the link below), CV and application letter for the position
by email address: - email@example.com