|Location||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 9, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Finance & Administration Coordinator will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized by either financial or administrative support including verifying, consolidating, recording transactions and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. Administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting, funding program support, and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained. Administrative duties also include developing and maintaining administrative systems and performing clerical duties.
Key Roles and Responsibility:
- Keep financial records and perform financial procedures (e.g, receipts, payments requests, petty cash).
- Ensure expenses are authorised and processed in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement manual
- Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Reconcile general ledgers, post journal entries, and assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Contribute to the preparation of financial statements for donors and processing and retention of documents and support in accordance with donor’s rules and regulations
- Oversees in cooperation with the Education/Livelihood Advisor of the budgeting processes
- Monitor expenditure against budgets; monitor cash flow and predict new trends
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Manage the annual accounts closing and the external audit in collaboration with head office finance advisor
- Assist the organisation and management of internal and external audits Ensure compliance with regulations (internal and donor-related) for procurement of goods and services and record-keeping
- Develop appropriate financial systems and tools.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Document the organizations policies and procedures to maintaining and strengthening internal control.
- Develop filing system
- Confirm the organization runs with all regulation guidance and internal policies and procedures
- Review and recommend modification to the accounting system and procedures
- Provide technical support and advise to the management
- Conduct monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Organize year end close process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with DF’s operating requirements.
- Support the efficient running of DFs Erer project office daily operations.
- Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with DF and donor regulations.
- Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks required
- Contribute to the organisation of meetings, conferences, events and actions.
- Other administration duties as assigned by the Education/Livelihood Advisor.
- Advise on HR policies when required to ensure these comply with labor law
- Maintain personnel records.
- Manages timesheets
- Manage the internal leave registry
- Coordinate recruitment/induction in line with DF’s processes
Employment period: June 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 (May be renewable)
Minimum competencies required qualifications:
- Must have BA in accounting
- MA, ACCA/CA is a plus
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, of which at least 3 years working on a coordinator.
- NGOs experience is a plus.
- English proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- All laws, regulation and directives applicable to NGOs
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from supervisor to accomplish objectives
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Analytical skill
- Communication and report writing
- Excellent in application of Peachtree accounting software
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- A mature, sensible, and open-minded person with mutual respect
- Be able to network effectively inside and outside of the organization
- Be creative and work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Gender sensitivity.
- Share organizational values of Development Fund.
Interested applicants are invited to send ONLY summery of professional experience and educational background (in the given template from the link below), CV and application letter for the position
by email address: - firstname.lastname@example.org