|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Reports to: Managing Director
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Exchange Trading PLC, a sister company of Moyee Coffee Roasting PLC, is operating multiple coffee farms and washing station in various parts of Ethiopia. Exchange Trading supplies its premium specialty coffee to many premium coffee trading and roasters around the world. Exchange Trading also operates a coffee retail chain under the Moyee brand and engaged in Real estate and import business. Currently, we are looking for a senior accountant to strengthen the finance function of the company.
The Senior Accountant is mainly responsible for account closing and financial report preparation, taxation, and internal control system follow ups. The job holder is also responsible for account coding & encoding, account receivable, payment authorization, tax filling and tax audit coordination, and coaching and managing staff under his/her supervision. She/he will also be responsible for import cost accumulation and export sales file compilation and posting. She/he will reports to Managing Director of the Company.
Key Duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure that financial policies & guidelines are properly implemented
- Verify and approve cheque payments and follow ups aged receivables as required
- Ensure that account closing process is prepared in accordance with IFRS standards
- Ensure that the account closing processes (coding and posting) are current and internal control system is intact
- Ensure that tax compliance is properly discharged.
- Ensure that bank loan and insurance policies are properly managed
- Produce financial statements and analysis report to the CEO and the Financial consultant, Finance and operation director
- Discuss with the financial consultant, Finance and operation director, GM and the management groups about Company’s annual sales strategy, new projects, and related.
- Monitor and execute loan management, cash management, inventory management and fixed asset registration and liaison with the financial institutions and insurance Company for issues related the Company.
- Make sure periodical physical inventory is undertaken annually
- Facilitate external audit annually and ERCA audit every five years.
- Takes responsibility for the entire finance function
- Can work alone and make important decisions
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Analyses problems and makes sure they will get fixed
- Takes a proactive role in improving the finance function
- Makes sure that work gets finished
- Walks the extra mile
- Truly passionate about coffee
Educational and Work Experience:
- BA degree in Accounting from recognized university
- 7-8 years of work experience in finance
- Prior coffee experience is desired.