|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2022|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZamZam Bank S C is the first bank licensed to operate as full-fledged Interest Free Bank in the country shouldering a huge responsibility for enhancing financial inclusion in Ethiopia. To this effect the Bank would like to recruit qualified job applicants for the following vacant posts and invite interested applicants who fulfill the minimum qualification and work experience listed for the job openings.
Major duties & responsible
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the overall accounting activities of the Bank.
- Ensures that the accounting systems of the Bank comply with the IFRS.
- Verifies the correctness of cash, general ledger account balance
- Follows up the status of accounts receivables, and other collections and payables and advises.
- Reviews ledger accounts, track balances for correctness and prepares an interim annual financial statement and closes
- Books of accounts on the end of every fiscal period.
- Facilitates audit activities, submits timely financial reports and provides required data and information that may be required by auditors, implements auditor’s recommendations.
- Examines and checks all registers for correctness and journalizes the register totals for general ledger posting; reconciles monthly totals of subsidiary ledger balances with general ledger balances, consolidates and prepares Trial Balance.
- Closes books of accounts, and prepares financial statements (income statement, balance sheets, etc.) periodically.
- Evaluates the operational performance of each branch cost centre and advises the Finance Director on the status.
- Reconciles accounts with Debtor and Creditors
- Certifies correctness of all payment voucher, checks, petty cash payment vouchers, petty cash replenishment summaries, etc.
- Checks and certifies correctness of payroll, travel allowances, per diems and related payments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Number of vacant posts: One
Minimum qualification and work experience
- B.A Degree in Accounting/Finance fields with 4 years of Bank experience as a Sr. Accountant at head office level
- Training & work experience on Core banking system
- Training & experience on IFRS