|Location||Assela, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Senselet: Senselet Food Processing is a start-up company, looking for ambitious, eager-to-learn and talented employees who want to take responsibility and accountability in actively build our company and brands. Senselet is a Dutch-owned company making potato-based snacks and food products for the Ethiopian market and aims to become a leading food processing company. Currently, our modern processing facility, using the latest European processing technology, is located in Tulofa (65 km from Addis Ababa).
Targets and deliverables
- Monitor performance of potato producers through farm visits and inspections (production schedule, diseases, harvest, etc). by generating weekly visit and inspection reports.
- Advise potato producers on agronomical practices, diseases and other
- Quality control and assurance of potatoes before transport to factory and upon arrival at factory
- Training other agronomists and farmers on potato production
- Contribute to execution of smallholder program
- Participating in potato related workshops and meetings
- All other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Frequent travel mainly in Oromia region including office to in Addis Ababa
- Relevant degree in agronomy, horticulture or agriculture
- Minimum 3 years of relevant practical work experience for a private organization in an agronomist or production supervisor role in horticulture.
- Good in Amharic and English (speaking and writing), analytically strong (problem solving), strong communications skills, good technical skills (ploughing, planting, disease recognition, fertilizers, chemicals, irrigation, harvesting, storage, logistics) in horticulture (e.g. potato, tomato, vegetables).
- Serious and hard-working, eager to learn, good feedback mentality, result oriented, taking responsibility and accountability, good in building and maintaining relations with farmers and others.
- Flexible and autonomous working, enthusiastic and willing to travel.
Please Send your application letter and CV to HR@senseletfoodprocessing.com until August 10, 2020.