|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Ground Services team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as Senior Airport Services gent.
Provides quality service to passenger in respect to check-in, boarding, special services, lounges, airport hotel and baggage services as per company’s commercial and safety standards and procedures ensuring passenger and their baggage are handled in a consistent and efficient manner. Ensure Premium Passengers receive total quality service and staffs adhere to safety policy and security standards of the company.
- Acts as the first contact between the Airline and its customers as well as all stake holders and agents who may need assistance with questions, portray QR image to the highest standards.
- Ensure that airport operation meets QR’s standards; policies and procedures satisfy local and international safety and security standards and conform to aviation regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all areas of operations, i.e. flight OPS (OTP), WBL, aircraft loading, baggage handling, departure, arrival, cargo handling run smoothly and efficiently.
- Monitors all Gate and Check in activities ensuring the accurate, service oriented acceptance and boarding of passengers.
- Ensure smooth handling of Customer service at the station.
- Liaises with ramp and GHA staff and support Airport Services Supervisors in all areas.
- Perform the Aircraft Turnaround Check (ATC) duty as assigned by the ASM to ensure safe operation of QR ground ramp product.
- Operate aircraft cabin service doors from the outside where applicable to facilitate and reduce the associated safety risk of inadvertent slide deployment.
- Escorting and directing Arriving/Departing passengers to the respective areas such as Hotel Desk, Visa Counter, Transfer Desk, Premium Lounges, and Boarding Gates.
- Assists Duty Officer to handle company material and records.
- Brief GHA on new procedures and ensure that they are implemented accurately and fully.
- Ensure required pre and post flight administration in conducted timely, record accurately all flight activities.
- Handle administrative issues related to monthly/quarterly reports. Ensure requests on operational service failure matters are responded to immediately with a high degree of accuracy and correctness.
- Work with GHA and ensure all training records of their dedicated/assigned staff to QR are up to date.
- Assist Passengers in regard to Entry Requirements, Visas, and Residence Permits. Carry out general profiling of passengers on need basis.
- Carry out any verification as and when required to protect revenue and image of company by referring to relevant policy and procedure.
- Ensure utmost priority is given to all security and safety related norms laid down by company, local authorities and relevant procedure is implemented/executed through GHA staff.
- Ensure passengers are assisted smoothly through airport facilities.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Vocational, Tertiary or Trade qualification
- Courses in Passenger Handling and Customer Services such as introduction to Civil Aviation and Passenger Handling.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to effectively manage mishandled baggage services, including service recovery situations with customers.
- Must have legal rights to live and work in Ethiopia
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.