|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and Relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is looking for an experienced, dynamic and motivated candidates for the below listed vacant positions.
This position is a key position and responsibility within the IMC Ethiopia country program team and requires working with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Under the direct supervision of Program Director, the Senior ARC program manager, based in Addis Ababa, will support IMC staff in effective implementation of project activities. The Senior Program Manager will provide ongoing supervision, mentoring/coaching for team members to ensure that the goals and objectives of the program are met in a timely and effective manner, that the approach to program implementation is participatory, that team members receive appropriate support and that a positive team spirit is fostered encouraging innovative and quality programming.
- MSC/BSc in Migration, LLB, Food Security, Agricultural Economics or other related fields with focus on the refugee/migration livelihood, from a recognized university or College with at least 6 or more years at program management capacity in NGO setting;
- Have experience working with youth at risk or potential risks of migration, and networking with diaspora community or returnees
- Strong technical ability in Refugee Livelihood, skill building and business development for migrants/refugee programs;
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth understanding of irregular/regular migration, refugees and out-of-camp issues in Ethiopia at community and macro-level
- Willing to work under stress in a remote area
- Demonstrated extensive practical experience of livelihood activities, working with returnees and potential youth migrants at the field level;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in ensuring community participation and gender issues in humanitarian programming
- Computer literate in word processing , excel and other engineering packages
- Creativities and ability to work with limited resources.
- Proficiency in written and spoken in English is required while ability to speak local working language (Somali) will be an asset
- Knowledge of the refugee resettlement process and awareness of world events and root causes of displacement Proven experience in the supervision and coordination of large technical teams
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements shall submit their application letter and updated CV in person to our office located at Meskel flower area behind Nazra Hotel on OR before July 21, 2020.
Applicants are required to clearly specify the position they are applying for on the subject line of their application letter.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please note that if internet resumed before the deadline you can apply directly on ethiojobs www.ethiojobs.net.