|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Habesha Breweries S.C.
Would you like to be part of a Great Family? We are growing very fast with a team that is highly passionate about the beer industry. We value all of our people and their desire to grow personally and professionally and their dedication to brewing the best Ethiopian beer! We really care about having a company where our people love what they do and consider themselves as the ultimate consumers of their own Habesha Beer. As such, we aspire to create a work environment that is equally fun and a place where happiness can be felt with the teams that we form through time. We hire for attitude and skill as much as a passion for our industry.
If the above describes who you are, then our brewery is a place where you can prosper as leaders if you put learning and excellent execution as your practice in the work environment. Join us!
Habesha Breweries S.C. is looking for a Senior Attorney and Corporate Counsel.
The Role Summary
The Senior Attorney & Corporate Counsel provides legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights and obligations of the company. He/she represents the company to customers, suppliers, competitors, and government agencies on legal and shareholder affairs. The Senior Attorney and corporate counsel pleads cases and represents the company before a court of law. He/she prepares pleadings based on the legal requirements as stipulated in the civil procedure code of Ethiopia and other relevant laws. He/ she assist the department manager in formulating policies, procedures, and manuals, reviewing legal documents, advising different departments of the company and in the administration of shareholder affairs. He/she provides legal services to the different business units of the company. The incumbent makes legal risk assessment with a view to proactively ensure legal compliance and avoid/minimize legal risk.
Legal risk and compliance
· Give effective, business oriented legal advice to the different business units of the company.
· Draft and review commercial contracts.
· Draft and review policies, procedures, and manuals.
· Proactively assess and manage legal risk and offer practical and creative solutions to the different business units of the company.
· Ensure the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Keep abreast of legislative changes.
· Provide subject matter expertise and training on a broad range of legal matters to the different business units of the company.
Well prepared legal pleadings and litigation
· Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare statement of claims, defenses, submissions, and other pleadings both “for and against” the Company
· Prepares pleadings based on the legal requirements as stipulated in the civil procedure code of Ethiopia and other relevant laws
· Prepare, file, and plead cases in court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Company.
Commercial registration and business licensing
· Responsible for the issuance and renewal of licenses, product certifications, registrations and intellectual property rights.
This role is positioned at the managerial level and requires: -
· LLB degree in law from a reputable university.
· Six years of experience as attorney and corporate counsel in share companies.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
· Technical legal skills and experience on legal compliance management, litigation & advocacy, structuring and drafting commercial contracts and other legal memos, legal writing and research, management of IPRs portfolio, legal training, management of share transfers and transactions, client relationship management, etc.
While working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as medical insurance, comprehensive insurance, annual DSTV subscription, and other financial and non – financial rewards.
Habesha Breweries S.C. also provides several capability development opportunities to its employees including a talent management program.