|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About The Employer
Arfasa General Trading PLC is one of the prominent coffee exporters in Ethiopia. It is also engaged in different business lines including manufacturing, import, export, and cargo freight transport operations. The company wishes to employ a qualified Senior Auto Electrician, who receives general supervision from the Transport Operation and Maintenance Director; who is responsible to define objectives, priorities and deadlines for the employee.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Senior Auto Mechanic concentrates on the Mechanical parts in motor vehicles. Besides testing the proper functionality in the equipment to be installed into vehicles, auto electricians also manage components and control systems. Their job descriptions entail installing, repairing, wiring, and maintaining of all electrical components found in different vehicles. They also check what is necessary to bring automobiles up to their best working condition.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior Auto Mechanic Management engages in the activity to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs a variety of technical and skilled mechanic functions for vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair, including, fleet vehicles, such as IVECO tracks, SINO Tracks, ISUZU Tracks, automobiles and other vehicles.
- Ensures that vehicles and equipment are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Operates a variety of tools, welding equipment, and mechanical hoists and cranes.
- Conducts road testing to ensure that vehicles and equipment operate within prescribed parameters.
- Reads and interprets manuals, drawings, and specifications.
- Provides lead direction and training to lower-level staff; reviews completed work to ensure quality and completeness; and provides input to supervisor on staff performance.
- Evaluates assigned work projects, including materials and staff resources needed to perform the work; estimates time, materials, and equipment necessary for the successful completion of work projects; acquires necessary resources as appropriate.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Provides recommendations for contracted services; oversees the work of contracted services to ensure compliance with service agreement and work quality consistent with District standards and expectations.
- Follows safe working practices and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies, and maintains purchase records within authorized budget.
- Maintains records and logs of daily activities.
- Assists with District special events as needed.
- Repair parts and equipment when needed.
- Order for parts and equipment as necessary.
- Identify repairs required via unfair wear and tear, and advice the service manager and foreman mechanic.
- Undertake required training(s).
- Work within a realistic time.
- Liaise with agents and manufacturers on problems in order to achieve an efficient repair.
- Complete all documentation and receipts, including inspection sheets, and applies signatures as appropriate.
- Completing job reports and processing paperwork.
- Perform other duties assigned by the upper management of the employer.
Department: - Transport Operation and maintenance Directorate
Required No. One
- College diploma/level 4 Auto Mechanic from poly-technic or other equivalently recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 Years relevant work experience in Auto Mechanic and maintenance management of which 2 years in senior mechanic position.
Qualified candidates should submit their applications at our address:
- On person፡- at our main office AA City, Lideta Sub city, Worda 1 H.NO. 174/2 or
- on-line:- email@example.com
- HR Manager:- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Phone:- – 0118549087/0939308183
- Fax:- 0115529753
Note: - Arfasa General Trading PLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Note: Use " Senior Auto Mechanic" as the subject line of your email !