|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The mission of the Renewable explorer is to initiate and/or accelerate the development of utility scale renewable projects in a dedicated country.
The scope includes all the technologies in which Total is active: solar photovoltaic, onshore wind, offshore wind, battery storage.
- Analyze key factors for the development of renewable projects in the market:
- Electricity market (regulation, price structure)
- Electricity demand (segmentation, location, growth)
- Electricity production (mix, emissions, production centers)
- Grid (age, quality, development projects, interconnection, access)
- Renewable resources
- Land availability
- Keep yourself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events in order to quickly identify business opportunities.
- Identify projects to be developed or developers with a portfolio of renewable projects, with a view to an acquisition or a partnership
- Prospect, assess, negotiate the development of large renewable projects (all the technologies in which Total is active are considered: solar photovoltaic, onshore wind, offshore wind, battery storage)
- Built relationship and engage in discussions with external stakeholders (public entities, developers or JV partners, advisors, EPC and O&M contractors, equipment suppliers (OEMs), consultants, utilities, etc.) and investors.
- Identify opportunities and confirm the possibility of developing them or at least identifying the blocking points that need to be addressed:
- Understand the conditions for renewables projects awarding
- Identify potential off takers and understand the positioning of the different actor
- Define and implement necessary advocacy to allow the development of projects
- Develop and structure a pipeline of projects: make key contributions and coordinate the origination of a pipeline for renewable projects development
- Manage in calls for tenders, in complex and competitive environments, over the counter or through the acquisition of portfolios.
Manage the closing and implementation of projects
- Work with a support team composed of multidisciplinary members, in matrix mode within the renewables department (economists, finance, tax specialists, technicians, lawyers, HSE, societal, Total subsidiaries, holding), as well as external consultants, banks, consulting firms
- Ensure economic viability of each project
- Integrate HSE dimensions
- Prepare corresponding documentation for internal approvals
- Lead due diligence, commercial negotiations, documentation, and deal structuring with potential co-developers or investors
- Supervise financial closing activities in all areas (negotiation and finalization of all project agreements)
- Ensure an efficient transfer of the project to the technical, finance and asset management teams for the operational phase of construction
- Master’s degree of Business or Engineering
- Fluent in English / French is a plus
- Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience
- Experience in renewable energies required
- Deep understanding of renewable projects development is mandatory
- Good knowledge of the local renewable business
- Knowledge of the electricity market and its players
- Areas of expertise: Project / program management with a focus among Technical, Economics, Project Finance, International negotiation
- Strong interpersonal skills will be necessary to engage local stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with a cross-functional and delocalized teams
- Synthetic and analytical mind, strength of conviction, perseverance
- Negotiation skills
- Flexible mindset and autonomy are needed
- Leadership to deliver and execute development
Interested and qualified applicants should first fill the mandatory application form and apply through email@example.com within ten (10) working days from the date of this announcement . All applicants must send a cover letter (max 1 page) and an updated CV (max 2 pages) in English. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Total is a major energy player that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Over 100,000 TOTAL employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Total has been present in Ethiopia since 1950 (EC) for petroleum product distribution and developed its activities by merging with Mobil Oil East Africa in 2006. Today, the company operates more than 150 service stations and five depots across the country. Total Ethiopia is currently among the top fuel and lubricant market leaders in the country. For more information, please visit www.total.com and www.totalethiopia.com.