|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2022|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Woman Entrepreneurship Development Project (WEDP) operating under the Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI)-Ethiopia, is a National Urban project covering 18 cities (Addis Ababa, Diredawa, Adama, Bahirdar, Mekele, Hawasa, Assela, Axume, Dila, Gonder, Shashemene, Welayta Sodo, Jima, Arba-minch, Nekemt, Dessie, Debremarkos and Shire).
WEDP has three components: (1) Access to microfinance; (2) Entrepreneurial skills, technology; and (3) Project Management, Advocacy and Outreach, Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
The objective of WEDP is to increase the earnings and employment capacity of women-oriented MSEs in targeted cities. This will be achieved by: (i) tailoring financial instruments to the needs of the participants and ensuring availability of finance; and (ii) developing the entrepreneurial and technical competencies skills of the target group and supporting cluster, technology and product development for their businesses. The project beneficiaries are existing and new micro and small enterprises owned or partly owned by women in the targeted cities who credibly and clearly demonstrate their potential and desire to grow.
Specific tasks of the Business Development Service Expert (Advisor) will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following
- Delivering TOT to develop the capacity of entrepreneurship trainer and BDS providers
- Developing tools and packages necessary to assist the professional development of entrepreneurship trainers and BDS providers
- Providing BDS and Entrepreneurship trainings to clients counselors, junior BDS consultants and BDS providers
- Developing new BDS systems and monitoring their performance
- Developing a short-term and medium-term BDS service plan
- Support junior consultants, measure the effectiveness of the BDS service review customer satisfaction regularly and provide feedback to managers
- Monitor and follow-up the process of implementation of the BDS.
- Collect report from BDS counselors on the progress of enterprises to gauge the effectiveness and impact of the BDS intervention
- Work with the regional City coordinators for the coordination, monitoring of registration of clients, training, provision of loan,& other support and services provided by the selected OSS’s, MFI’s, TVET colleges .
- Undertake timely correspondences and communications with regional City MSE Bureau, BDS specialist and project Management Unit.
- Make follow ups and provide monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on BDS and trainings accomplished.
- Keep files related to Communication and outreach, BDS and training provided in soft and hard copy in a classified way.
- Facilitate and coordinate the provision of Sub-contracting with medium and large industries, local market opportunities including Bazaars and digital marketing to clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the BDS and Innovation Service Manager.
Number of vacant positions: 2
Reporting to: BDS and innovation service manager
Duty station: Head office
Duration: 1 year to be extended based on performance
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The applicants should have the following qualification, experience and skills
- BA or MA in management, economics, finance or related fields
- Minimum 8 years of Experience for BA and 6 years for MA of which 2 years related to Business Development services, coordination, promotion and support Services to SMES.
- Certification and proven free record in entrepreneurship and business development.
- Growth (learning) orientation and readiness to accept feedback
- High integrity and honesty under all circumstances
- Demonstrated experience of strong communication skills and ability to coordinate a diverse team;
- Good report writing and presentation skill as well as adequate computer skills of internet, email, etc.; and
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- A passion for the promotion of entrepreneurs in general and women entrepreneurs in particular
- Skills in planning and execution of economic programs aimed at economically empowering women.
- Certification in ETW is advantageous
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of The World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement In Investment Project Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services (recent Edition) (“Procurement Regulation”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance to Section VII para 7.34 to 7.39 of The World Bank Procurement Regulation based on qualification and relevant experience of the applicants to the assignment.