|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we've built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global healthÂ—for all of us.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Sr. Capacity Development Advisor is responsible for supporting local partners to improve their organizational capacity, in terms of legal structure, financial management and internal controls, procurement, HR, performance management and sustainability, which is essential to effective program implementation. Local partners need assistance in developing organizational structures, systems, and processes related to the main areas of organizational capacity listed above. S/he will be responsible for leading secondments of ASAP supported staff to local partners to address identified deficiencies in multiple areas including program or technical management, financial oversight and reporting, strategic information, or other areas as needed.
- Coordinate baseline and follow-up assessments using the Non-US Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS), Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD), Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCA) and/or, Organizational Performance Index (OPI) with a focus on Human Resources, Organizational Management, and Program Management.
- Assess the needs for TA of each local partner and develop work plans to ensure strong foundational structures are institutionalized and support the development of the softer capacities (attitudes, motivation, and values) that are essential for sustainable performance improvement.
- Provide TA in Governance (vision/mission, legal status, and registration, governing board support and strengthening, etc.); Leadership Development, Mentorship, and Coaching; Organizational Management, Program Management, and Project Performance Management.
- Provide TA in development, adaptation, and consistent implementation of a comprehensive set of organizational-wide policies related to administration and operations in compliance with a USAID Cooperative Agreement.
- Provide TA in recruitment and retention approaches to ensure that organizations recruit and retain a skilled workforce to implement programs; ensure personnel policies conform to good practices and donor requirements; staff time management and payrolls; staff salaries and benefits; and staff and contractor supervision.
- Guide the development and use of evidence-based HR management approaches tailored to the size and scope of each partner organization (e.g., IntraHealth's iHRIS open-source HR management suite for larger organizations, supportive supervision, financial and non-financial incentives, recruitment and retention strategies including negotiation with local government authorities).
- Coordinate formal training activities as well as longer-term learning approaches (e.g., mentoring, coaching, peer-to-peer), and specific work activities (joint projects and interaction with colleagues or beneficiaries from partner organizations) that enhance sustainability.
- Assist NGOs with the recruitment of additional personnel to effectively achieve PEPFAR program objectives, we will guide partners to recruit, hire, and on-board appropriate staff.
- Oversee and coordinate Executive Coaching and leadership development support to executive directors, board members, and/or other key leadership positions.
- Coordinate the development of a Community of Practice for local partners' executives and leaders.
- A master's degree in Business, Public Health, or related field of study and at least 6 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Significant experience working with and building capacity of local organizations, especially those working in health, in Ethiopia or other low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience with international donor-supported projects (e.g., USAID and CDC, including PEPFAR)
- Strong writing skills in English and Amharic
- Strong interpersonal skills with domestic and international colleagues
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative
- Willingness to be co-located with Local Partner to provide technical assistance.
- Comfortable multi-tasking: handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize assignments
- Familiarity and experience in using digital health tools is highly desirable
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment, which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about 'Who We Are' @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities