|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Position Title||Senior CCCM (Camp Coordination & Camp Management) Assistant|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||25.06.2021 to 09.07.2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
General functions: Under the general supervision of the CCCM Project Manager, the technical supervision of the CCCM Project Officer and administrative supervision of IOM Head of Sub-Office, the Senior CCCM Assistant will be responsible for the following:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead field level CCCM activities and field team in coordination with CCCM Field Officer.
- Lead CCCM project implementation through undertaking distributions, hygiene awareness raising, and construction works.
- Coordinate field mission plans in consultation with the CCCM Field Officer.
- Coordinate the monitoring of laborers at field sites and track material receipt, storage, and delivery at sites.
- Ensure that all visibility material required by the donors and IOM are procured and sent to the field. Also liaise with field staff to make sure these materials are being used properly.
- Participate in assessments of disaster affected communities, including IDP settlements, seasonal assessments, joint rapid assessments, and intention surveys in the region with the government and humanitarian partners.
- Contribute to sub-office updates on emerging humanitarian issues and gaps relating to CCCM and EPC areas of intervention.
- In coordination with the Head of Sub-Office, liaise with project partners for timely implementation, coordinated activities and efficient use of resources and logistics.
- Provide weekly updates on regional CCCM activities and monthly indicator report to EPC CCCM Manager, and implement feedback provided by EPC staff on the weekly situation and monthly progress reports.
- Liaise with partner organizations and relevant Regional State authorities including Regional Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Bureau (RDPPB) to coordinate harmonious implementation of EPC projects in the region.
- Represent IOM in relevant forums including bi-weekly CCCM, Shelter and NFI Cluster meeting, Durable Solutions Working Group, weekly Humanitarian Coordination Forum, weekly UN Inter-Sector Coordination Meeting, and participate in any other relevant regional and zonal coordination meetings in close collaboration with UN OCHA and humanitarian partners in the region and update EPC unit.
- Participate in development and delivery of trainings for EPC Unit to enhance sub-office performance standards and service delivery to our beneficiaries.
- Draft and submit monthly and weekly reports.
- Comply with UNDSS security protocol and internal IOM procedures.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business or Public Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution
- 7 years relevant work experience for BA Degree holders and 5 years for Master’s Degree holders
- Experience related to disaster response and transition and recovery programs with humanitarian agencies.
- Practical experience and detailed knowledge of the disaster risk management, with emphasis on disaster response and recovery programs is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of data protection issues in emergency operation and utilization of Microsoft Office application including databases is required.
- Ability to adapt technical knowledge and expertise to specific project or activities; ability to work with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds; flexibility to perform and deliver in difficult and rapidly changing situations is essential
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written Amharic, English and Tigrigna is required
VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, or by July 09, 2021, the latest, referring the position title, Vacancy number and the duty station you are interested in the subject line of your email. (Example: Application for Senior Site Management Assistant (IOM-SVN/0079/2021) based in Mekelle) no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
NB: Applicants in north Ethiopia (affected areas), with no internet connection, can submit their applications in hard copy, in person, to IOM Mekelle Office.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!