|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2022|
The Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network (AAU HoA-REC&N)
Addis Ababa University, The Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network (AAU HoA-REC&N) hereby invites interested applicants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Senior Climate Change Officer of the Climate Investment Fund Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR) Project.
The services to be provided under the Assignment include:
- Overall management and day-to-day co-ordination of the Improving Climate Resilience of Communities and Ecosystems PPCR project implementation with co-ordinating partners and sector offices;
- Monitoring project implementation activities on a periodic basis;
- Providing expertise support to local stakeholders in project implementation and organizing capacity building trainings;
- Preparing project implementation plans in collaboration with local stakeholders and local communities;
- Ensuring project implementation in the selected landscape sites in the Central Rift Valley region;
- Ensuring mainstreaming of climate resilience in strategic and key development documents;
- Organizing stakeholder workshops to create awareness and share existing knowledge and experiences;
- Ensuring the integration of Climate Resilience in strategic documents and development plans for the region; and
- Undertaking all other related duties as may be required and assigned.
The estimated duration of services is 18 months, and the estimated starting date is 15th August 2022.
A shortlist of three to six candidates will be established at the end the request of expressions of interest. The candidates on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria based on their updated resume.
|Level of education in general||20%|
|Educational level compared to the field of mission||20%|
|Years of experience in general||20%|
|Number of years of experience relevant to the mission||40%|
- MSc in Climate Science, Biodiversity Management, Land degradation and Restoration, Environmental Science or related field of study
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in a donor funded projects
Candidates should have:
- Good knowledge of climate change and resilience in the water sector
Sufficient experience in mainstreaming climate resilience into policies and development decisions