|Location||Afar,Amhara and Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Reference No:||Ref/ 090 /21|
|Job title:||Senior CMAM Programme Officer|
|Location:||Afar,Amhara and Oromia|
|Reports to:||Regional Programme Manager|
|Employment:||Project Period Contract|
|Closing date:||December 12, 2021|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
Under the supervision of the regional programme manager the Senior CMAM Programme Officer will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day activities of a GOAL Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and other activities;
· Providing ongoing training for MoH staffs with special emphasis to develop ownership of the programme by MoH staff and build their capacity to sustain the programme.
· Supervise and review of weekly and monthly reports from stabilization centers (SC) and outpatient Therapeutic programme (OTP) SFP and other related activities .
· Supervise the activities of the supplementary feeding programme/TSFP/ to run smoothly and in line with the guideline.
· Update the regional Program manager on the implementation of the CMAM and other activities on weekly basis.
· Work with Woreda and zonal MoH, DPPC and other officials to ensure all aspects of programme understood and agreed to implement the programme
· Conduct capacity assessment of the activities on monthly basis with Woreda CMAM focal person and incorporate the finding to the monthly progress report.
· Ensure MoH at clinic or Woreda level (as appropriate) are included in all decision making regarding the programme activities
· Follow up management of stocks with the storekeeper; monitor rates of consumption and ensure supplies are ordered in a timely manner
· Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the various components of the programme, all medical and nutritional protocols, and their application/OTP/SC/TSFP/.
· Ensure the beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are always treated respectfully
· Lead regular nutrition team and staff supervision .
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· BSC in Public Health and Nursing with a minimum of 4 (four) years relevant work experience
· Have a demonstrated experience in emergency nutrition programme, notably CMAM and running other feeding programme
· Strong knowledge of operational planning, budget planning and management, monitoring and evaluation and report writing,
· Good knowledge, understanding and implementation of integrated Rural Development and emergency Programme activities,
· Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective,
· Training and facilitation skill,
· Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders,
· Fosters working in teams & teamwork spirit, coach and lead staff.
· Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
· Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
· Knowledge of local language
Desirable qualities, skills, and competences:
· Familiarity to local culture.
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community
· Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable CV & Application Letter for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the position title and Duty Station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can Only apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply online using www.ethiojobs.net or send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.