|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
|Category|| Construction |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
The senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design modification, preparing shop drawings and site supervision.
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company in professional and diligent manner at all times
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organizations.
- Liaising with clients and other engineers to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for electrical building services and power distribution systems, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required
- Establishing relationships with clients, vendors, suppliers, other professionals, and expanding networks.
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice
- Seek, complete and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) in accordance with the requirements of the relevant professional Institution
- Developing, reviewing, updating, modifying, and approving electrical design plans and work schedules.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Work Experience – 5 years and above in Electrical installation & design with extensive practical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Candidates with International experience both locally or out of Ethiopia will be given priority
- Good understanding of electrical and low-voltage systems
- Specialism is needed on the following: - Lighting and Daylighting , Vertical Transportation , IT and Communications Infrastructure , Security , High / Medium Voltage , Earthing & Bonding , Lightning Protection , UPS and Generator , Fire Protection, Building Information Modelling
- Proficient in the following software: - Revit , AutoCad, Dialux , Relux , Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project.
- Team coordination –should be able to effectively coordinate team activities to achieve common goals
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills – written and verbal communication are important in this position, a recruitment specialist must effectively communicate with candidates and managers within EEIG Construction both in Amharic and English
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
- Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
- If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV.
- All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.