|Location||Itang, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Scope of the work
The total beneficiaries of the water supply system will be approximately 30,000 people in Itang Town and Thurpham Junction, and over 190,000 people in Tierkidi, Nguenyyiel, and Kule Camps. The water supply scheme targets 100% access to water supply for all 220,000 people in the host communities and the refugee camps plus the annual population increase. The water supply scheme must be efficiently and effectively operated and maintained to supply water at affordable price and acceptable quality.
- Heads the installation and maintenance of various electrical and mechanical equipment
- Assigns and supervises technicians and operators to duties
- Follows up water production, power consumption and fuel use of the pumps and determines fuel/energy use and cost per unit water supplied
- Schedules daily, weekly, and monthly preventive maintenance and major maintenance programs for pumps and generators
- Prepares log sheets for fuel and electric power consumption and keep fast moving spare parts list
- Share with Procurement parts/fuel to be purchased
- Assists in preparing and maintaining the departmental budget
- Installs and tests motor control devices, switchboards, transformers, generators, and other electrical components.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on electrical and mechanical equipment.
Qualification and experience requirement
- BSc degree in electrical or mechanical engineering with 5 or more years of post-graduation experience.
- Technical vocational college electrical/mechanical certificate with 10 or more years’ experience.
- Demonstrated working experience on water supply pumps, generators, and motor control centers is advantageous
- Evaluation/fault location
- Quick grasp of detail
- Supervisor/managerial skills
- Technical report writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters along with their CV and copies of credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Submit non-returnable hard copies of their application letter, CV and credentials to Gambella Regional Water Bureau administration office and Itang Town Water Utility HR office for the coming 10 days.
Your application letter should include the date of application, name of the position that you are applying for, summary of qualifications and experience and permanent address
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted
Itang Town Water utility is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.