|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Reporting to the WASH Engineer, the Senior Electromechanical Officer will be responsible for the installation of water supply system electromechanical parts & ensuring proper operation & scheduled maintenance of the water supply system including generators, surface pumps, electric systems, and switchboards installed toward the supply of safe and adequate water to the refugee camps and host communities The Senior Electromechanical Officer involve in planning, management and monitoring of the water supply electromechanical equipment, and capacity building of water system operators in Somali Region, Aw-bere and Sheder refugee camps. She/He is responsible for the management of electromechanical equipment including service of the equipment on a scheduled based, identifying necessary spares and ensuring their availability, and tracking the fuel management
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the main technical focal point for activities related to troubleshooting, operation, and maintenance of electromechanical parts (pumps, generators, control systems, etc---) of water supply systems of Aw-bere and Sheder refugee camps and host community.
- Identify gaps & plan for onsite training to build the capacity of the water system operators, Assistant Water Technician Officers, and Plumbers in Aw-bere /Sheder refugee Camps in consultation with the WASH Engineer &the WASH Program Manager.
- Ensures that all generators, pumps, and fittings at the borehole, boosting stations, and distribution systems, have enough back up easily moving parts.
- Prepare detailed specifications including item description, part #, and quantity of spare parts necessary to fix identified problems on electro-mechanical parts (pumps, generator set, control panels, etc) of water supply schemes.
- Identify & ensure the procurement of tools and equipment required for the operation & maintenance of the water supply systems including generators, pumps, and control panels for pumps;
- Prepare & put in place a monitoring plan for the operation & servicing of the generators and pumps;
- Keep records of fuel consumption, generator working hours, and electro-mechanical equipment performance indicators during the operation and maintenance phase and report to the WASH Engineer copying the WASH Program Manager.
- Organize and deliver training on the operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical parts to operators, guards, and Assistant Water Technicians.
- Provide the necessary technical support to WMCs, operators, plumbers, and technicians in the operation and maintenance of their water supply schemes;
- Prepare, weekly and monthly progress reports and keep the supervisor informed of the maintenance and/or installation of electro-mechanical parts;
- Visit the generators and pump on daily bases and provide guidance and advice for the operators and maintenance team
- Install generators and pumps in the water supply systems
- Assist the WASH Program Manager in project proposal development and quarter and annual reporting regarding electromechanical operation activities.
- Fill out a timesheet for the staff under / supervised
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IMC programs & Perform related tasks as assigned by Field program Coordinator/Manager
- Ensure WASH staff(operators & guards) understand and follow IMC and donor Policies and Procedures in collaboration with IMC HR/Admin
The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization that employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Diploma or Degree in Electricity or Auto mechanics or related and have excellent experience in surface water management and 6 years relevant experience for diploma and 4 years of relevant experience for degree holders;
- Able to live and work with a multicultural team under difficult conditions
- Excellent Experience in surface and submersible pump operation and maintenance
- Computer literate in word and excel.
- Good writing and spoken skill in English
- Good interpersonal skill to work with a team