|Location||Borena, Mega field office, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Ref No HAI/Prog/ 013 /21
Department: Humanitarian program
Responsible to: Program Manager
Length of Contract: Eight months fixed term (with possibility of extension)
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Humanitarian Program Manager, Deputy HPM, Head of Finance and Operations, Finance Manager; Senior Finance officer, Senior Logistic support officer; Technical Programme Officers and Managers; Roving MEAL Officer
External: Work with stakeholders
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working together to ensure that older people lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives. HelpAge International’s secretariat is based in London, UK but works in 75 countries across the world through its’ 148 partners. HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 and has been engaged on thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response and capacity building of partners.
HelpAge International is currently responding to the needs of drought affected
population in selected woredas of Oromia Region. As part of emergency respond program, we would like to invite interested applicants for the position of Senior Finance & operation support officer.
The idle candidate will collaborate with the project team in the field and head office staff provide a comprehensive and effective financial, HR, logistic and administrative service to the field office in Boren. The senior Finance and Operation support officer will lead the finance, HR, Logistic and admin team members and collaborating with other colleagues and working closely and professionally. She/he will take initiative in the management and improvement for the logistic function by providing technical support to others.
- Adherence HAI to the financial and accounting policies, procurement policy & procedures and systems
- Checking coding, verify accuracy of documents, and file properly in a safe place.
- Close monthly accounts and ensure quality of work and follow up projects spending.
- Ensure proper warehouse management per guidelines of the organization.
- Adhere and implement HAI logistic policies and procedures.
- Advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems, and procedures
- Ensure keeping proper records and manage vehicle movements.
- Take lead in advising and supporting procurement plan of the field office and following up procurement process at all levels and ensure timely arrival of goods at its destination.
- Ensuring stock control and using fast tracking sheet
- Manage annual leave record, performance and objectives of the field office staffs.
- Ensuring timely monthly finance, Human resource and logistic report and submit on time.
Our Values: Everyone who works at HelpAge shares our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
Inclusive; We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
Impact; We value and recognize the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
Partners; We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
Learning; We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
Qualification and experience
Essential and desirables
- MBA or BSC/ BA degree in the field of Accounting. extensive experience in the management of finance, logistics, donor’s compliance, and reporting and bookkeeping and financial activities are required. For MBA 5 years of relevant experience; MSC/ BA degree minimum of 7 years’ experience, at least 3-year experience in INGOs is preferable.
- Able to work with his/ her team members in line with organisational priorities and could cooperate and support others to drive high quality work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and work under stressful environment conditions.
- Capability to engage and demonstrate on data analysis and interpretation.
- Understanding issues of older persons
- Willingness and interest to work with a network/partner focussed approach and being computer literate (word processors, spreadsheet, database, statistical packages, etc.)
- Having good analytical skill, self-managed, committed, knowledgeable and confident.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in the subject line.
Then attach the following.
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees.
One page - cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification, and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: June 25, 2021
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application by email address: email@example.com