|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
The role will pro-actively provide comprehensive financial support to the VSO Ethiopia Program Office covering projects, volunteers and general office finances.
Number of posts: 1
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- A qualified Accountant with Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- At least 6 years of experience in managing multi-Donor funds in the International development context.
- Thorough knowledge of basic Accounting Principles, internal controls, budgeting, financial reporting, variance analysis and procurement procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience in at least one accounting software; the SUN systems Accounting software is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of working on and managing major institutional and corporate donors in a multi-donor grants environment; ability to maintain quality donor relationship through qualitative and timely reporting.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English - able to listen, present, discuss report, put views forward, and negotiate with confidence.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or on-line, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge