|Location||Asayita & Berhale, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The job holder for this post is required to work as team member of the Aysaita program office management team. Supervises the work of field finance department with regards to accounting methods, ensures internal financial controls are implemented, responsible for timely reporting to Country office on cash flow, payroll rosters, monthly financial reports and maintaining all financial and administrative records according to accounting standards and IMC practices.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Primary responsible for the checking and reviewing of the cheque and cash payments of the field office;
· Processing financial transactions in a daily basis;
· Work closely with the Head office Finance Managers to ensure smooth operation and compliance with organization’s finance standards and deadlines;
· Prepares monthly cash flow projection and sends it to Country office.
· Prepare, reviews and sends monthly and weekly cash requests from the field and submits the request to Country office.
· In consultation with Addis Finance Managers liaise with Country finance office for reconciliations of monthly outstanding receivable and payable accounts.
· Maintaining accounting records, monthly report preparation, and ensuring the completeness of the report;
· Scanning finance documents and loading them into the share drive as required;
· Prepare Bank reconciliations when required;
· Responsible in preparing and reviewing all the supporting documents for the finance transactions to ensure full compliance with internal audit and company requirements,
· Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the organizations’ monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
· Support the year end procedure and preparation for external audit
· Processing payment and reporting in a daily basis;
· Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate for this role
Supervision and Reporting:
· Coordinate the supervision of cashier/finance assistant.
· Complete required paperwork daily for the field office operation.
· Provide regular reports to the coordination and for the monthly report
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Business Management with 4 years’ work experience in financial management and/or accounting.
· Proficiency in Accounting software, MS Excel and MS Word as well as good grasp on Internet and email communication.
· Active knowledge of English language writing and speaking
· Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before August 17th, 2020
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.