|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manger, the Senior Finance Officer shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in budget preparation and management activities.
- Develop financial policies to ensure operational efficiency.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
- Manage cash controls as well as maintain book keeping up-to-date.
- Ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required.
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
- Manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.
- Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
- Update financial records with recent transactions and changes.
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes.
- To carry out other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by Finance and Administration Manager may assign to perform other related duties.
- MA Degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of four years of progressive financial management experience
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant;
- Minimum three years of experience in NGO specially in managing international donors’ funds;
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel,
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Previous knowledge of ACCPAC SAGE will be an advantage.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
All interested applicants can submit their CV in person to PDC’s office located in Yeka Sub City, Woreda13/14, House no. 1014, Addis Ababa Haya Hulet Area, Golagule square on the way to Denberwa Women and Children’s Hospital before ten working days from day of official announcement.