|Location||Addis Ababa, Head Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Employee Position Summary
Under direct supervision of the Finance and Admin Director, the Senior Finance officer- Emergency response is responsible for effective financial management among others: support the Emergency response team in planning, recording transactions in the organization’s financial system, meeting compliance issues and financial reporting of all emergency related funds.
The post holder is responsible for review of the procurement and payment documents, all record keeping, reporting and compliance issues of Emergency funds.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Carry out day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor/client and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures including but not limited to month and year closing procedures, financial reporting, tax reports, bank and cash reconciliations
· Ensure required preapprovals and other supporting documents are secured in advance of incurring an expense.
· Prepare, review and advise on procurement requests, and coordinate with logistics department for timely delivery of goods and services.
· Ensures the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the emergency projects of the country office (main and field offices) in order to monitor financial status of all project activities;
· Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures; establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation
· Responsible for the timely settlement of advance to Emergency field offices and report to the Country office finance manager and Finance & Admin Director, if there is any delay;
· Reviews payment request documentations for completeness and signs “checked by” on the payment voucher indicating that the check and voucher has been accurately prepared, the transaction is authorized by a budget-holder, the documentation is complete and accurate, there are sufficient funds in the grant, correctly coded and the cost is allowable.
· Review and account for procurement transactions submitted by the logistic team to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
· Assist and participate in in preparation of reports both donor and government reports when assigned by supervisor;
· Work hand in hand with the Finance managers and Finance Admin Director and other team to improve the quality of reports in IMC Ethiopia offices and their timeliness;
· Travel to the field locations to cover for the field finance officer whenever there is gap and required;
· Fulfill other duties, as assigned by your line manager.
· Bachelor Degree in Finance &Accounting, Economics, or relevant field.
· Minimum 6 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international organization (NGO)
· Active knowledge of English language writing and speaking
· Proficiency in financial Accounting software, like CostPoint, Sun System & MS Excel and MS Word as well as good grasp on Internet and email communication.
· Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before March 4, 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.