|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Pagumen is register by the Ethiopian Investment Agency as Tour Operator. It is established by more than 1300 shareholders spread all over the world including Ethiopian in the diaspora. Its aim is to address the missing link in the conventional tour and travel operation in Ethiopia.
Pagumen aims to unleash Ethiopia’s potential for sustainable and inclusive tourism development and then promote Ethiopia’s history, culture, nature, hospitality to the world.
The company will provide diverse, full of choices, unique and to the extent can be customized to customers’ peculiar needs and conditions. Pagumen provides a “one window service” for all needs of services and products in the tourism sector. It provides tour operations (inbound and outbound), Ticketing (IATA Accredited ticket agent), MICE, car rental services with own modern all range cars and many more.
Responsible for monitoring and ensuring daily financial activity and accounting by verifying receipts/payments and other data as per the policy and procedures. The job holder is also responsible for the proper implementation of general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, accounts, bank reconciliations and prepares financial statements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and directs activities of general accounts function.
- Ensures the integrity and proper handling of financial data of the company.
- Monitors deviations in plan and budget implementations.
- Manages monthly closings and account analysis of the Finance and accounts department.
- Compiles the financial income and expenditure properly and produces financial report based on the policy, procedure and budget of the period
- Counter signs checks and other financial instruments as per the delegation given to him/her
- Checks all financial transactions are journalized and properly posted.
- Follows up reconciliation of bank statements, chart of accounts, established accounting procedures, closure of income & expense accounts.
- Collaborates with all work units to facilitate organizational performance.
- Ensures proper registration of the company’s fixed assets.
- Ensures proper printing, custody and distribution of receipts.
- Prepares periodic financial performance reports and submits to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Ensure collection is made timely and payment is effected as per the policy of the company
- Performs other similar duties as and when assigned to him/her by immediate supervisor.
Reporting to: Finance & Accounts Manager
Term of employment: Open
Additional benefits: as per the company HR manual will be provided
- A minimum of Bachelor of Art Degree in Accounting and Finance or related fields.
- Four years of Experience in Finance and Accounting in Business areas as at senior position
- Peachtree Accounting, Word, Excel & IFRS certificates. Familiarity and training of Peachtree software is mandatory.
- Planning skill
- Forecasting skill
- Preparation & interpretations of basic financial statements
- Familiarity and good working knowledge of IFRS
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria and wish to be considered are requested to submit their application with non-returnable comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV), a copy of credentials, and the names and addresses of three references within 10 days from the first date of this announcement to
Email: - email@example.com
Pagumen Tour & Travel Sh. Co.
Haya Hulet near to Axum Hotel Commet Building 1St floor.
Telephone No: - 0116 68 60 62
Mobile: 0911 14 52 08