WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We would like to hire qualified candidate who is energetic and skillful for the position of Senior Financial Management Technical Advisor
Key Duties and responsibilities
- To contribute to the effective running of the progress, providing financial and administrative support under the direction and guidance of the finance and procurement Director;
- Ensure that all deadlines in relation to preparation and submission of budget;
- Manage and Prepare result based budget action plan by consulting the plan directorate;
- Support the plan and finance and procurement directorate on regular reporting of the institute fund;
- Ensure that the programme and financial management of the institute in line with the grant rules and regulation;
- Manage and monitor budget implementation and recommend reallocation of funds as necessary;
- Manage and monitor donor contributions, including review of agreements and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations and established policies and procedures;
- Extract budget performance report on a monthly basis. analyze variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures and prepare a variance report for submission;
- Provide guidance on a continuous basis to staff in the implementation of their budget;
- Prepare reallocations of funds when necessary, ensuring compliance with appropriate guidelines relating to such transfers;
- Provide effective and efficient management of all funded program finances, including aspects of budget setting and monitoring, procurement, income receipt, invoicing.
- Monitor expenditure against budget line and report any variances across all grants to the Finance and Procurement Director and Plan Director
- Assist in the monitoring and development of effective systems of financial accountability and control in line with donor funded financial requirements with particular attention to SIDA and NORAD funded program;
- Maintain effective financial administration systems in order to provide an efficient support service to all budget holders in AHRI and to offer advice to budget holders to ensure that the program achieves best value at all times;
- Under the guidance of the Finance and Procurement Director communicate with donors or donor account managers to help resolve specific problems or respond to donor information requests.
- Support to ensure partner sub-grants are disbursed and accounted for in line with contractual requirements – eg pre-assessments, budget tracking, procurement, reporting and capacity building.
- Provide technical guidance and support in preparing and managing donor audits including liaising with auditors.
- Lead and coordinate the analysis of the long outstanding receivables and propose corrective measures to the senior leadership
- Support the directorate in the installation and implementation of EFMIS and ERP systems.
- MA Degree in Accounting/Finance/Planning & minimum 8 years of relevant experience of which 5 years is in a senior position; OR
- BA Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Studies & minimum 10 years of relevant experience of which 7 years is in a senior position.
- Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors such as SIDA, NORAD EU, USAID and other with ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff.
- Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools.
- Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting.
- English Language proficiency both written and spoken;
- Advanced skills: in Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Finance Software: Peachtree, ERP, EFMIS, Quick Books and other financial software is an advantageous
- Having work experience as a program accountant and grant/award management in NGO working environment.
- Having training and practical work experience in Result Base Program Budgeting and Reporting.
- Work experience in health sector.