|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
·Maintain and update grants follow up sheet
·Check and approve Payment/Purchase requests against the budget
·Assistance in identification of promising grant opportunities in consultation with technical and management staff
·Prepare reports for Donor, management & Government as required.
·Work closely with technical staff to ensure that grants are moving forward, and that obligations are not overspent.
·Assist the Finance & Admin Director in preparing cash request to be submitted to Donors and follow up on payment
·Ensure proper recording of transactions to reflect all expenditures in line with agreed donor’s/cost codes
·Prepare Weekly/monthly update report to the Finance & Admin Director on budget utilization and transfer
·Participate and assist the Finance & Admin Director during project proposal writing and budget preparation
·Maintain comprehensive data on each Grant/Project for reference, Ensure filing of grant related documents electronically
·Participate in the facilitation of the grant review process
· Participate in monitoring visits with national and regional technical staff to ensure that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
·Work with technical staffs as needed to ensure understanding and compliance with grant agreements.
·Assist the Finance & Admin Director in organizing awareness training for newly joined staffs and /or new grant
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Business Administration/ Commerce/ Finance.
At least 4 years of total experience with minimum 2 years of work experience in humanitarian or development programs/industry in Finance and/or Grants department with specific budget development and management skills.
· Key Skills & Attributes
· Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills.
. Excellent computer skills.
· Required to be able to work under minimal supervision.
· Demonstrable understanding of project planning and project cycle management.
· Ability to build good working relationships and work effectively with program, field staff and HQ from a distance.
· High-level of knowledge and practice with Excel.
· This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decisions.
All qualified applicants can send an application letter and 2-3 page CV to Hope for Justice, email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please put 'Senior Grant officer’ in subject line.
" Qualified women are encouraged to apply "