|Location||Adigrat with travel to project sites., Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Programme Management, Implementation and Effectiveness
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and operation support to health and nutrition programs for the response.
- Actively support the health and nutrition management team in the development and implementation and monitoring of health and nutrition interventions in their area of operation, including mobile teams, community outreach, and support to ministry of health.
- Coordinate direct reports toward ensuring all targets are met on time, according to budgets, and in line with donor commitments.
- Coordinate inputs for health and nutrition into BVA and indicator tracking on a monthly basis, implement corrective action as required, and report this within SCI.
- Ensure reports to donors are produced and delivered in a timely and quality manner
- Monitor and ensure effective budget responsibility for the health & nutrition component of projects
- Support the development of MEAL systems and lead analysis of health and nutrition data trends to course correct and adapt programming, with a focus on quality interventions.
- Work collaboratively to integrate the health and nutrition program with other sectors where appropriate, particularly with WASH, FSL and Protection.
- Lead and participate in the development of budgets for program proposals in collaboration with the grants and finance team.
- Participate in field-based project monitoring and review meetings.
- Assist project staff in the use of health and cross-cutting tools and guidelines to ensure the quality of work.
- Prepare work plans, in consultation with the line manager.
- Undertake regular field visits to project sites to ensure technical quality and timeliness of ongoing work.
- Support context analysis in relation to diseases outbreaks and being on the lead for prepositioning, preparedness, emergency response to such as Cholera, Covid19, Malnutrition, etc.
Representation, Coordination and Networking
Advocacy and communication:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor degree in Health or related field of study.
· Minimum of five years professional experience implementing humanitarian programs at managerial or coordinator level.
· Demonstrated experience in capacity building, project design and budget management.
· Experience in working with and coordinating with the UN, donors, INGOs and other stakeholders.
· Strong writing and analytical skills, including ability to communicate technical matters to a range of audiences.
· Competent in Windows, MS office programs, emails and relevant health database (HMIS, DHIS etc.).
· Fluent in spoken and written English.
· Mature and structured approach to project and team management.
· Non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
· Commitment to Save the Children Values.
· Work experience in Tigray Region
· Tigrigna Language
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en