|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Oxfam is a global community that believes poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s rights activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers, and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity, and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults, and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization.
OUR WORK IN ETHIOPIA
Since the early 1970s, we have been working to address the underlying causes of poverty and marginalization by focusing on developing sustainable livelihoods, providing water and sanitation, agriculture, climate research, gender, and humanitarian issues
|DIVISION: Operations||TEAM: HR|
|LOCATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia||CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term (2 years)|
|GRADE D1 National||JOB FAMILY: Human Resources|
|SALARY: As per the Oxfam benefit Package||HOURS: 37.5 hours per week|
|FLEXIBLE WORKINGWe believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at the interview stage|
Provide a professional business-focused human resource management service, ensure staff are effectively resourced, managed, and developed, and ensure the effective and smooth delivery of administrative.
By providing effective and efficient HR and administrative support to the program, ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives and mainstreams its core organizational values through the effective recruitment, development, and deployment for AA and all field offices. The Position incumbent will ensure that the organization’s leaders, managers, and staff within the delegation receive quality, value-adding, and consistent HR services and advice that supports the operations whilst ensuring equity among staff and compliance with HR programs and policies.
The Senior HR Officer establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with all staff including the HR team.
|POST HOLDER REPORTS TO||Country Human Resource Business Partner|
|JOBS REPORTING TO THIS POST||Non|
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES· Manage the whole recruitment process for National and International Staff, from advertisement and selection, through contract, to support and briefing for the start of employment and focal person for Emergency recruitments.|
· Develops and maintains a roster of staff for humanitarian response, collaborating with technical leads as necessary
· Ensure job descriptions/job profiles are appropriate and job classifications are reflective of the salary grid in collaboration with the relevant technical units
· Travel field offices to provide support and fill temporary gaps whenever necessary
· Ensure the proper implementation of existing systems of human resources management through the support and continued engagement with line managers and employees
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive process for newly recruited staff – ensuring that inductions and probationary objectives are set timely; managers and staff are aware of the processes to ensure that Oxfam is enabling staff to succeed in the roles that they are recruited
· Focal person to manage personnel records in accordance with OGB standards across the program and generate reports monthly
· To be responsible for renewing contracts, tracking of probation period, performance management, and keeping Management informed of dates of contracts
· Support Line Managers and HR staff on HR business processes and adhere to the standards required
· Ensures Oxfam GB salary, benefits, and reward administration adheres to country laws and are in line with organizational policy and practice, and that all records are accurately kept on the system
· Provides guidance and advice to line managers in relation to pay, benefits, and market supplements applicable for new posts/recruits and conducts other pay reviews in accordance with pay policy and level/ job family of role
· Performs any other related assignment providedby the line manager
Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam GB needs to be able to:
· Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, EMPOWERMENT, SOLIDARITY, COURAGE AND EQUALITY
· Equality: We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly and to have the same rights and opportunities.
· Empowerment: We acknowledge and seek to expand people’s agency over their lives and the decisions that impact them.
· Solidarity: We join hands, support, and collaborate across boundaries in working towards a just and sustainable world.
· Inclusiveness: We embrace diversity and difference and value the perspectives and contributions of all people and communities in their fight against poverty and injustice.
· Accountability: We take responsibility for our action and inaction and hold ourselves accountable to the people we work with and for.
· Courage: We speak truth to power and act with conviction on the justice of our causes.
· Ensure you commit to our THREE ORGANISATIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
|1. Be committed to equal opportunities: demonstrating sensitivity to culture differences and gender equality.||2. Be willing to learn and apply gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity and inclusion across all aspects of your work.||3. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.|
· Ensure you actively ADOPT OXFAM’S FEMINIST LEADERSHIP APPROACH and applying the principles and twelve practices in your work. Read more about this here:
Read this guide to find out more about what our values, organisational attributes and feminist leadership approach mean for how we work
|For this role, we have selected two of the most relevant feminist Leadership practices for this role 1 Self-Awareness|
2 Mutual accountability
3 Strategic Thinking and Judgment
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies
|EDUCATION:· Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management and Administration, Business Management, or any other related areas that can bring added value to the job from a recognized university/college.|
· Relevant 5 years of experience in human resource management and office administration, preferably in an international NGO.
· Previous development or humanitarian work experience, ideally with a similar organization.
· Influencing and negotiation skills with internal and external audiences and confident representation skills.
· Excellent knowledge of country labor law.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing at all levels coupled with the professional credibility required to influence and motivate others to achieve results.
· Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues.
· Experience in conflict resolution.
· Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise, and remain responsive under pressure.
· Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work together with the ability to remain calm under pressure often in difficult circumstances, and not lose sight of operational priorities.
· IT skills, ability to use word processing packages, electronic mail, and databases, etc. are essential.
· Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
· Gender sensitivity, commitment, and an understanding of the values of Oxfam and the principles of equal opportunities.
· Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to form good relationships with teams in difficult circumstances and over a short time span to ensure that the HR perspective is considered at all levels.
· Fluency in English both verbal and written
· Competency in numeracy is essential.
· Flexbility and adaptabilty
Safer recruitment: All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks (which can include counterterrorism, safeguarding and criminal records checks).
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.