|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Senior HR Officer – Staff Relation (Re-advert)
Term of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: June 24, 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate the development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private, and development sectors partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great teamwork to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution to changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training, and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Senior HR Officer is responsible for managing the administration of Human Resources policies and procedures; effectively deliver HR service across the organization. The Sr Officer administers compensation and benefits packages; updates internal HR database; maintains and updates personnel records; managing HR documents (e.g., employment contracts/ contract extensions and onboarding guides); The Officer is also responsible for providing counseling both for employees and management on HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Make sure that all HR procedures and processes are implemented in compliant with the applicable government laws;
- Consistently and fairly implement HR policies, procedures and process across the organization;
- Provides professional advice and service to managers and staff;
- Prepare employment contract for new hires and monitor contract extensions;
- Maintain employee records and regularly update the data through ERP system;
- Create personnel file for new hires in a timely manner and ensures that personal history forms, correspondences, employment contracts/extensions, job description and other relevant documents are properly documented in the file;
- Facilitate staff medical reimbursement in collaboration with an insurance broker and the insurance company.
- Proactively alert hiring managers on staff contract expiry date and renew the contract on time, if necessary;
- Manage and update staff leave (annual, sick, maternity, paternity etc) and support line managers to develop annual leave plan at the beginning of the year;
- Monitor the annual leave plan and send alert to managers in order to ensure that staff are taking their leave as planned;
- Update payroll in consultation with Finance to incorporate staff changes on monthly basis;
- Facilitate the inclusion and exclusion of ATA staff to the insurance company;
- Facilitate pension registration or updating following employment and send the document to Pension Authority on time;
- Facilitate exit interview, compile feedback, analyze and prepare a consolidated report with a recommendation to management;
- Make sure business and ID cards are prepared and distributed on time;
- Ensure probation period performance review is submitted to HR on time to take appropriate action on time;
- Participate in the designing and revision of ATA’s benefit and compensation package;
- Take part in the developments and review of HR policy and procedure;
- Prepare HR orientations on changes in the existing policies or new developments to introduce to all staff and create awareness;
- Conduct a risk assessment on regular basis in order to ensure a safe and healthy working environment to the staff at HO and Regional Offices;
- Prepared letters to external stockholders as per the request received from employees.
- Prepares personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment & others).
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- Minimum BA/BSc in Human Resources Management/development, Business Administration or other related fields of study.
- At least 6 years (for Bachelors) or 4 years (for Masters) of relevant experience in managing and serving a diversified workforce.
- Have the knowledge and understand the applicable/governing laws and procedures.
- Well-versed and acquainted with human resources management principles, practices and trends.
- Effective interpersonal communication, persuading and facilitation skill.
- The ability and experience of working with diversified teams/workgroups.
- Very sensitive and responsive to a multicultural working environment.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills and experience.
- Proactive and perform with minimum supervision.
- Have the capacity and patience/tolerance to handle multiple tasks of parallel requests.
- The ability to work in a stressful working environment;
- Ability to develop, review and implement organizational human resource policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Familiar with Federal Civil Servants Proclamation.
- Experience in preparing payroll.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Information System.
- Experience in facilitating salary and benefits surveys.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.