|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 31, 2019|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
CARITAS Switzerland (CaCH) has been working in Ethiopia for more than 30 years. Currently CaCH cooperates with different partners in Ethiopia. Recently, CaCH has successfully been registered as an International Foreign Charity Organization in Ethiopia and has therefore become operational at project implementation level. CaCH’s main working fields are the field of Economic Development, agricultural development, and food security, WASH as well as supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations. Our current working areas are in southern and Eastern Oromia Region and Tigray. CaCH supports and implements currently different projects in these regions.
Summary of Duties
The Inclusion and Gender Expert will undertake work at Addis Ababa country office to contribute to the implementation of the project Enhancing Job Opportunities and Employability for Youth and Women (EnJOY).. Her/His primary responsibilities are aimed to ensure gender mainstreaming in the project and that project activities are adaptive and inclusive for Youth and Women. Furthermore, the incumbent is expected to work closely with government counterparts and partners and communities to ensure project activities are aligned with development goals. The incumbent will report to the project coordinator and must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to project sites (several zones in Oromia and SNNPR)
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Gender mainstreaming in every stage of the project cycle including provision of technical support related to gender mainstreaming and social inclusion to consortium partners
- In line with CACH’s working principles as well political economy analyses conducted for the project, the Inclusion and Gender Expert will be responsible for GSI action planning, which will feed directly into the project’s overall work planning.
- Ensure to support local authorities and partner organization the implementation of activities with Gender sensitive organization and to have better access on available job opportunities for Youth and Women.
- Coordinate with and support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems. Work closely with the M&E Officer to develop the data collection and analysis tools for the baseline assessment to guarantee gender and social inclusion considerations.
- Integrate gender and social inclusion considerations into operational research design and policy analyses.
- Ensure the most vulnerable and marginalized populations are represented across all project components, including as staff members, project participants, trainers, facilitators, speakers, evaluators, and so forth.
- Incorporate discussions and activities related to gender and social inclusion into facilitation plans when designing dialogue sessions.
- Build the capacity of youth and women on available job opportunities and job creation
- Undertake any other activities as requested by the Project Coordinator
Duty stations will be Addis Ababa Country office. The candidate must be ready to undertake frequent field trips to projects and partner organizations.
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas;
- BA Degree/MA in Social Science, Law, Gender and Development studies or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in technical training and capacity building related to gender and job creation.
- Experience with EU donor-funded projects preferred.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly developing environment, must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
- Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in English and local language of the project intervention area are an added value.
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is January 10, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application to be sent to: E-mail: email@example.com